Our First Reef 135g

chablonski

I get all my glass cut in Aylmer great bunch of guys they also deal in acrylic and will basically build you what ever you can dream up you will have to look them up dont have there number rite on hand (Aylmer glass and mirror).

MDGraves

RO/DI unit mounted, just need to do some plumbing work

cf4f6c78.jpg

P

phi delt reefer

in this pic

IMG_0588.jpg

and this one

IMG_0581.jpg

it looks like the bulkhead isnt covering the hole - I am sure you fixed this but there was no mention of it so i just wanted to put that out there just in case you started filling the display :D

MDGraves

Ya I just eye balled it, what do you think!!! I am so anal about this project I checked for level with 2 different tools and my iPhone, dead nuts on bro, lol
I am still waiting for 2 pcs of my bracing glass, free so I can't complain
I'm about 2 weeks away from salt water in the tank then I can get my rock, then some fish this summer :mad:)

MDGraves

That totally looks like the hole is too big, but the OD of the bulkhead was 74mm and the hole saw was 75mm
So I have no idea why it looks that way I saw these details before.  The tank was filled and pumps run for 2 weeks for a leak test, everything passed

I just zoomed in on the original pic and it's the inner flange and gasket, from that angle it really looks like the cut edge of the hole
Good eye!!

P

phi delt reefer

looking good :D

are those the exoctic stunner stripes or generic LEDS light bars?

Are you keeping any corals or will this be a FOWLR?

MDGraves

They are high light temp LED bars 18000k
I think I am going to add 2 t8 or t5 bulbs in the future
I do plan on having corals, not sps I think

MDGraves

Got the bracing glass to fix the tank on Friday
It's now installed and the tank full of tap water as a test

Jigs to hold braces while they set up
61f23edd.jpg

3e8c1574.jpg

63b16ef7.jpg

bc023bc0.jpg

MDGraves

Testing of the new braces passed!!!! No issues at all, tank is good to go :)

Got 210lbs of Eco Dry Rock today and installed it

11b20dd0.jpg

6953cd77.jpg

7c1718bf.jpg

MDGraves

Thanks alot, I am having fun with this build.  Been about 20h filling the tank about 1/2 full now, lol

MDGraves

About 42h to fill the tank
Have my mp40 running while I bring the salinity up
Thanks for all the comments :mad:)

78c9439b.jpg

P

phi delt reefer

looks like A LOT of rock!

I ordered 45lbs for a 40 gallon setup and i probably 15lbs+ that i havent put in the tank due to sheer volume it takes up.
I kept moving my rock from bucket to bucket while it was cycling and there is a lot of rock dust and sand that comes off of them so if you are running things through your sump try to get your flow up to 100% and run your sump pump at 100% and run a 100 micron sock to catch all the particulate.

MDGraves

Thanks for the tip, i will have to add more filtration. I used a couple of garbage bins to pre wash, so much rubble and dust came off. I wanted to go with the "lot of rock" and I think we have achieved that all right, lol