180 gallon build.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
WOW!

Just took some time to actually read through your thread.  Sorry to hear.  It sucks.  I kind of went through the same thing with my build.  But I ended up just buying a new tank because I didn't have too much invested in the used tank.

If you need a hand I can come down and help ya out with the re-re-silicone of the tank.  I've done a few in my day and actually don't think it's that bad.  Also I can see the tank in person and give ya my honest opinion on whether or not it'll be safe to use it or not(obviously I wouldn't be held accountable).  Also I can offer some ideas when I do see it in person if there's anything you can do to make it more structurally sound.  Like adding a cross brace.

I feel your pain.  It's so close but yet so far. 

PM me if you're interested.  I can make it there next Saturday during the day sometime.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well i think i have the tank sold. Hopefully. 300$.. :( took a hit but tired of working on it and am.still not gonna feel comfortable full of water. I think ive found a 135 gall to replace it for 200$, but not sure yet. The tanks dimensions are 72 ×19×19, so im.not a huge fan of a 19" width especially afyer buying a light thats 2ft wide.. so im kinda torn with what to do lol.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeferkeeper420 link said:
Well i think i have the tank sold. Hopefully. 300$.. :( took a hit but tired of working on it and am.still not gonna feel comfortable full of water. I think ive found a 135 gall to replace it for 200$, but not sure yet. The tanks dimensions are 72 ×19×19, so im.not a huge fan of a 19\" width especially afyer buying a light thats 2ft wide.. so im kinda torn with what to do lol.

that kinda sucks :!

what about custom ordering a new on from sealife?
get like a 5x 2x2 :)

or a 6x2 wide by 20" deep

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
And the problem with a 5' tanknis that its not going to fit this stand i had my grandfather build for me. I already have holes cutin each back corner, i guess its not a huge deal but id still prefer 6'of swimming space for my tang/s and angel.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Ok thanks jeff, hadnt.done the calculations yet just goiing by the add lol. Andyeah im still gonna re seal it so it looks neat. I wasnt aware u needed wet fingers for siliconing, so lesson learned lol.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
That's good news and bad.  Good you found a buyer, bad cause you need to find another tank.

Another good way to shape your silicone is use a plastic teaspoon.  That's how I've done tanks in the past.  Lay down the bead of silicone, then follow up with the tip of the plastic spoon.  Make sure it's wet and wipe off excess.  It gives a nice even shape and you're able to push the silicone right into the corner of the glass.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I just use my finger, rub a dab of dish soap to ypur finger and will leave a perfect bead and the silicone won't stick to your finger.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk