180 gallon build.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
bud, the tank held water when you bought it and didnt need any work, i feel bad for making you paranoid, you didnt worry to much about it until my shit happened.

but since you jumped into stripping it before realizing how much work it was, you may as well strip it all and re seal it,
it is alot of work, as you prob noticed i elected to sell my used leaky tanks rather than fix it, because of the large amount of work involved.

I also should note, (im 6'1", 220lb guy) and i fit no problem into my first 180gallon to silicone an overflow box in.
just jump in the tank :)

and dont give up!

and if you REALLY dont trust it, seal it the best you can, water test it for a week, and take pictures and tell the buyer that it held water for the week and have full disclosure with them.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
i appreciate everyone s input. I know i may be comin off as a dick. And i apologize for that. And its not ur fault brandon, im just easily paranoid, i will take all ur advice strip it all out and re do it.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
reeferkeeper420 link said:
I dont want anyone to think im tryong to take my anger out on them or towards them. Just really frustrated, but will be following what you guys said.
Been there, done that, all's cool.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well finally got it all done, just got finished siliconing it tonight. Not the prettiest job lol, im sure itll do the trick. Thanks for all the motivation to actually do it and put some elbow grease(and lots of it) into the project..but still only part way there...still gotta figure out my sump issue. Then get a proper skimmer for it and all the reactors.

Jewel

Good for you. Glad to hear it. Everything in time, what are you 20 years old.  You got all the time in the world, Maybe not the patience but what the hell, It'll happen in your time. Just concentrate on your other tank and work on the 180 when you have the time and the cash.

spyd

Super Active Member
Glad to hear you stuck with it. Let it cure for a good week or so then water test. If that passes, I would personally sell it off and get a new one but that is just my opinion. Hard to trust a re-sealed large tank like that. I know a lot of guys have re-sealed tanks but it would just make me a little paranoid all the time.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Yeah close jim im 23.. and yeah ive tried selling it. Tried putting it up for 400$ obo..bit everyone was lowballing...nobody wantef to spend over 200$ and thatbit was too big..what do u expect for  a 180gall tank lol.i think ill just go woth it. And try to forget that i resealed it haha. And yeah i dont really wanna sell it for netjing less than 400 or else im taking a huge loss.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well that was short lived. Upon further inspection the one corner near the top the silicone didnt hit the glass so theres a gap....that corner got screwed originally because my brothr was helping wiping the silicone, and he asks if hes doing it right i look and hes literally wiping the silicone away.. i was like noooo stopp!!lol and attempted to fix it so it was a bit messy. But now thats im looking at it this morning, theres a gap in  the one spot.. fuck this pisses me off.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeferkeeper420 link said:
Well that was short lived. Upon further inspection the one corner near the top the silicone didnt hit the glass so theres a gap....that corner got screwed originally because my brothr was helping wiping the silicone, and he asks if hes doing it right i look and hes literally wiping the silicone away.. i was like noooo stopp!!lol and attempted to fix it so it was a bit messy. But now thats im looking at it this morning, theres a gap in  the one spot.. fuck this pisses me off.

do you mean a gap or just a bubble in the silicone?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Thats easier said than done. Thats alot of money to just use as a lesson...im just gonna redo it..i cant afford 1000$ for a new tank.ive already came this far..might aswell see it through...unless someone has a cheap 180 gall lol

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
I dont really see the difference in another 13$ in silicone? Why quit now, but before do it? Im just wondering.. i just dont see a difference from where i started with the tank...i dunnoo..im still pretty upset. I just think if i get rid of it itll be a longggggggg time before ill be able to afford another tank. And i cant do the things i want with this tiny little tank. F#ck this sucks.

benzzz

Damn reef sorry to here that again...

Before you know it you will be called the silicone King  !!  Just joking man. do what you got to do and forget about it. As long as your happy in the end and it hold water safely thats a bonus !