29g biocube

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Clownfish can be hit or miss for sure. I would just stick with the one clownfish and maybe buy another small docile fish.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
unibob link said:
Clownfish can be hit or miss for sure. I would just stick with the one clownfish and maybe buy another small docile fish.

True enough. Sorry to hear about your loss. Stick to the one clown and buy another fish. Typically they are only aggressive to their same family/breed.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
And if you do eventually end up wanting to add another to make a pair I would wait 6 or more  months, clowns left alone will eventually turn female.then you know for sure you have a female. Wait till she's big and fat then go ahead and add a way smaller clown, this will give you the best possible chance at making pairs then buying two juveniles. The 2 pairs I have we're all bought at the same time, I lucked out as this has lower chances of getting pairs but worked for both. I didn't see where you were located, but if your near London I would suggest talking to Aaron at Big Al's about getting another if you do decide. Even if it was now you wanted to replace it, finding a smaller one should still work.

pembro

Well the whole point for the clowns was to have a pair. I won't be buying these designer clowns again. I've had clowns in past tanks and never had a problem like this. I've also never had a clown attack me the way this one does. I mean it doesn't hurt right now but I'm sure it might once it gets bigger lol. Now I'm not sure if I should just sell this fish and get a regular pair or should I try and add smaller one down the road but it won't be a designer. Won't spend the money again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
i have a pair of tomatoe clowns. there a pair for 3 years ...i call them the insane clown posse...they atatck me and the net ..draw blood on whatever that one can get a good nip out of.  my hand or arm ...lol ..i do have them in the selling ad

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
They are too big for his tank.. Can u imagine what those 2 would do in there? Lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
My clarkii used to attack me like mad, and he was the only one. One of my perc's does as well. The perc thinks he is all big and bad at an inch long. Clarkii on the other hand is a tank at least 6" and you feel it when he gets ya.