29g biocube

pembro

pulpfiction1 link said:
looking at that tank i would probably add an anenome,maybe the little one would move into it,then when you release the larger one it just might keep its original home

My tank is only about 2 and a half months old. Wanted to let it mature before I got a nem

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
i wouldnt do anything yet, just keep feeding the big one and the little one.. give them a week and go from there.

pembro

pulpfiction1 link said:
too bad things not working out then

I'm also starting to think  they are fighting over the frog spawn. The little one is now hovering over the frogspawn like the big one was.

pembro

So I'm thinking of buying a cherub angel today. Would it be ok? Or should I wait till I'm done separating the clowns?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
There was a really nice potters angel at big als yesterday at 25% off too.. Another fish won't hurt your clown situation

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The Cherub Pygmy Angelfish:

Minimum Tank Size: 55 gallons
Care Level: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-aggressive
Reef Compatible: With Caution

Requires a 55 gallon or larger tank with numerous hiding places and live rock for grazing on microalgae. It may nip at large-polyped stony corals and clam mantles. The Pygmy Angelfish is an aggressive little angelfish. He may be able to hold his own ground, but may be hard to keep fed and would eventually have to sell him as he will outgrow your tank.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/ is a great place to get quick stats on fish.

pembro

Thanks torx, I use that site a lot. I know it says 55g but I've read all over the nano forum if people having them in their biocubes. I believe it's the smallest of the dwarf angels

pembro

My lfs just got the shipment in Wednesday, would it be wise to get a fish this early off a shipment

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
pembro link said:
Thanks torx, I use that site a lot. I know it says 55g but I've read all over the nano forum if people having them in their biocubes. I believe it's the smallest of the dwarf angels

Agreed, I am not all that big into size specifically, and have read as well that a lot of people use them in a nano. I would be more concerned about your corals. Especially your hammer. Any angel has a huge potential to start nipping at  LPS. Some people will say other wise, but not a chance I want to take as I love my LPS and softies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have 2 pygmys, neither bother my coral, but there mean little fish.. Lol

pembro

Oh Jeez now you are making me think twice duke lol.  I really want a dwarf angel lol and I'm not sure of a different fish.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Duke link said:

Also keep in mind that you have a tank that is 3 times his size and extremely well established. It would have loads of food for them to graze on. pembro's tank is barely 3 months old and clean. If an angel got hungry between feedings, the only thing to snack on would be his corals.

pembro

Torx link said:
[quote author=Duke link=topic=6074.msg61416#msg61416 date=1379774510]

Also keep in mind that you have a tank that is 3 times his size and extremely well established. It would have loads of food for them to graze on. pembro's tank is barely 3 months old and clean. If an angel got hungry between feedings, the only thing to snack on would be his corals.
[/quote]

That's a good point. I had asked them to order me one when my rocks were loaded with algae, but my snails have cleaned them very good. What about a coral? I'm going to be adding something to my tank today lol. What would be a good coral for the clowns? I already have the frog spawn which I think they were fighting over. A nem wouldn't be a good idea right now I don't think , so what would you guy suggest?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Anything is good with clowns. Mine love my torch's over my frogspawns and hammers. I have even had them hosting to a hairy mushroom coral at one point. I personally like LPS and softies in a nano tank, lots of movement and flow. I see why people like SPS in their larger tanks, and as soon as I can get some better lighting, I will most likely start the change over. It might be still too early for a nem, you most likely will still have a few algae blooms, or at least one more at around the 6 month mark. But it is entirely up to you on what you choose. Just here to give IMHO advice.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
pulpfiction1 link said:
why do you think an anenome isnt a good idea?iwould have no issues tossing one in a healthy tank,even at 3 months old

I would disagree with this. A quick search on nem care you will always read over and over again, have a mature system to house a nem. 6 months to a year, they need top notch water quality.