29g biocube

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I guess that falls into personal risk category,  much like having an angel in an lps tank...take a chance,  but don't freak if it fails

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I think the anemone is safe too.. Bubble tips can handle anything but ammonia.. So if your tank is cycled I'd go with a nem. Maybe it'll distract the big one enough to keep the little one safe, if u can keep Lps then anemones should do great

pembro

Duke link said:
I think the anemone is safe too.. Bubble tips can handle anything but ammonia.. So if your tank is cycled I'd go with a nem. Maybe it'll distract the big one enough to keep the little one safe, if u can keep Lps then anemones should do great

Well I picked up a 4 headed frogspawn under a month ago and it has now split to 6 heads total. Today I picked up a 2 headed torch , feather duster and some nerite snails. Would I still be able to have a nem with the frogspawn and torch in a 29 biocube? Also I have some good flow in my tank how would I know if the feather duster is getting to much flow?

pembro

Here is an updated pic. Tapatalk is not letting me edit my posts

jetuhe2y.jpg

pembro

So no luck. Let the Bigger one out and was ok for a few mins and now it's back to attacking the smaller one. The smaller one is hiding again, is looking pretty white but still comes out to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pembro

I really doubt kraken will do that.  There is no fighting back at all. So what's going on? Why won't she accept the smaller one?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
It's not always a for sure match between two clown. Hit or miss. They were sold as a "pair" and their not, which they should fixing that mistake they made.

pembro

Well woke up this morning to find my pom pom crab eating the smaller clown so I'm guessing he passed over night. Last time I shell out that kind of money for fish again.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pembro link said:
Well woke up this morning to find my pom pom crab eating the smaller clown so I'm guessing he passed over night. Last time I shell out that kind of money for fish again.

When making large fish purchases make sure u research where the fish are coming from, these days with all the designer clowns many breeders don't give a crap and sell fish that should have been culled, given the size of your biggest clown and assuming they came from the same batch there shouldn't have been much of a difference in size between the two at all. The smaller one was probably a runt and should have been culled.. Stubby noses and over/under bites are a sign of bad genetics. I guess sometimes it's just not meant to be either.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
That's rough man, hate to say I told ya so. I don't think it had anything to do with being the "runt", I think it had everything to do with not separating them.  Under bites, over bites, small head,  big head these clowns were not happy together and has nothing to do with any of that.i It has to do with the way the clown fish cycle works, 2 females will not tolerate each other at all again I would be all over the place they came from, they were not a pair and you paid a fortune for a pair , that's a big deal in my eyes. Sorry I don't want to sound rude, but clownfish have a special place in this hobby for me.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Petercar link said:
getting clown pairs off the net and delivered is risky?...yu may wanna go see them with yur own eyes and watch them in that tank ...

They were sold as pair,s if the place was stand up they would have been pairs or replaced one.

pembro

reeffreak link said:
That's rough man, hate to say I told ya so. I don't think it had anything to do with being the \"runt\", I think it had everything to do with not separating them.  Under bites, over bites, small head,  big head these clowns were not happy together and has nothing to do with any of that.i It has to do with the way the clown fish cycle works, 2 females will not tolerate each other at all again I would be all over the place they came from, they were not a pair and you paid a fortune for a pair , that's a big deal in my eyes. Sorry I don't want to sound rude, but clownfish have a special place in this hobby for me.

What? I did what most people in this thread said. Separate for a week and try again. I did that. Try getting something else they could host. I did that.  Some people also said they were still to young to be sexed. So don't go spewing this I told ya so shit pal. All high and mighty some clownfish guru shit.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lmao take a look back at some post I made on this thread where I said you will end up with a DEAD one if you don't separate them. No clownfish guru shit at all just common sense. Don't get all defensive man, so if they told you to so all that and it didnt work then what should you have done ? It was your choice, your fish, you asked for some help and were giving it.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It's all good, I'm sure he's just upset because his clown died.. I'd be bummed too. No clue where u got them, nor do I want to get involved but... Return the single one and get a refund. If u bought them as a pair.. They should have at least been paired off in a tank together and been a "pair"  and not just 2 clownish sold as a pair due to their size difference. Clowns are funny these days.. Everyone and their brother wants to cash in on the designers.. Grade a Premium Picasso clowns should have all 3 bars connected on both sides too btw, if ur going to shop for another set.