320 Gallon/ 1212 Liter - SPS/mixed Reef

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com
Allow me to introduce myself:  Hi CA Reefers I just met one of your members today that goes  by Teebone110 and he recommend the site.  I am excited to check it out.  Here are a couple top down for my 320 gallon SPS Reef.

[img=1400x933]http://images.cpucs.com/images/Topdown1.JPG[/img]
[img=1400x933]http://images.cpucs.com/images/Topdown3.JPG[/img]

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: 320 Gallon/ 1212 Liter - SPS/mixed Reef Chesterfield MI USA Just over the Border

Welcome Tom!

I think your going to like it around here!

It's nice to meet "local" reefers on the US side of the border who share the same passion we do in Ontario!

Your tank has to be one of the largest I have ever seen, and your colours are amazing!

Looking forward to dealing with you again. It's cool to mix up the sps selection in the region. Too bad for the importation restrictions or I would have gladly taken one of everything!

Tyler

spyd

Super Active Member
Re: 320 Gallon/ 1212 Liter - SPS/mixed Reef Chesterfield MI USA Just over the Border

Welcome to thefragtank!!! Nice pics! You sure have some great looking corals and those clams are AMAZING! How about a FTS when you have a chance?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Wow, nice tank man, nice to see a US guy around here.. Love the red Dragon too btw.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

Thanks - Here is a FTS shot in Jan where I won TOTM for a Michigan Site.  This tank is 100% LED Driven with over 200 different SPS colonies.  All of these colonies started from approx. 1" frags Nov. 2012:

[img=1400x933]http://images.cpucs.com/images/jan2013.JPG[/img]

jroovers

Super Active Member

Welcome to the site!

:drool: Phenomenal set-up and pics... looks outstanding!

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Sick tank man !

P

phi delt reefer

i guess it would be easier to ask what coral do you NOT have :D

colours look amazing in your tank!  Can you show us how you have the system setup and what your maintenance/feeding schedule is like? We're always looking for pointers from the pro's!

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

teebone110 link said:
Welcome Tom!

It's nice to meet \"local\" reefers on the US side of the border who share the same passion we do in Ontario!

Your tank has to be one of the largest I have ever seen, and your colours are amazing!

Looking forward to dealing with you again. It's cool to mix up the sps selection in the region. Too bad for the importation restrictions or I would have gladly taken one of everything!

Tyler

No worries - I we have to sneak them over one at a time I will get you what you want!  Look it like the beginning of a long term friendship!

spyd

Super Active Member

Wow!!!  :drool: Very cool! What kind of LEDs are you using and how many units?

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

phi delt reefer link said:

colours look amazing in your tank!  Can you show us how you have the system setup and what your maintenance/feeding schedule is like? We're always looking for pointers from the pro's!

I am not a pro just some regular guy just like you.  I have a Semi-Automated water change system that really makes doing 60 gallons everytwo weeks a breeze.  I also leverage Neptune APEX for precision.  My temp only swings _/- .02.  In addition I have about 1400 watts of LED, 2000 ML of Biopellets, GFO, Carbon and a Monster Skimmer.  The key is stability honestly.  Import and export.  High import with feeding and export with profound filteration.

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

tdb320reef link said:
[quote author=teebone110 link=topic=4364.msg40472#msg40472 date=1360699253]
Welcome Tom!

It's nice to meet \"local\" reefers on the US side of the border who share the same passion we do in Ontario!

Tyler

No worries - I we have to sneak them over one at a time I will get you what you want!  Look it like the beginning of a long term friendship!
[/quote]

LOL -  There is actually a lot that I am missing.  I have some real LE stuff comming like dragon tails and pink/blue Ice and fire ech.  I also have another order comming with some rare popping stuff.  I am really investing in this tank.  Also here in the USA it is tax time and the Gov is giving back our money so I have a few bucks...

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

phi delt reefer link said:

Here is my feeding regimen.

Daily

1 Small spoon powder zooplankton Saliferet Test kit blue spoon mixed with water every morning feeds small fish and corals

2  Two 3 X 3 sheets of Nori

3  Pellets New Spectrum

4  one Cube of Frozen food like Mysis get the hakiri brand less phosphates and better manf. process
5 Pellets New Spectrum

Every Three - Four Days

1.      1 Cap Oyster Feast at midnight when the lights go out.

2.      1 Cap of phytoplankton  Alternate from the Oyster Feast

3.      1 Cap of  Auqavirto Fuel Amino Acid

4.      1 Cap of Brightwell Reef Plus Trace Elements

5.      7 Drops of Brightwell Micro Bactor 7 – Benifical bacteria feeds of of biopellets out competes cyno Bacteria

6.      1 Drop of Loguils Solution Iodine - Brings out the blues and keeps potasium up

Nitrates are always zero and keeps phosphates .01 to .09 - Notice I stay away from flake food.

And this is the composition of my  feeding for a year now with great success

Darryl_V

Super Active Member

Beauty....sounds like we share the same reef philosophy!

Got a link to your totm ?  I would.liketo know more about your lights, skimmer etc.

I

IrishPride

Welcome to the site!!

Your tank is phenominal!!

Jason

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

I won it and then ended up not posting because of trouble makers on the site.  It appears here in Michigan there are a few reefers that set up a price setting scheme and when I came along selling corals for cheaper I started having issues with them.  In any event.  I saw your build on RC and it looks amazing.  The Colors and tables are amazing.  You should be very proud of yourself!

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

tdb320reef link said:
I won it and then ended up not posting because of trouble makers on the site.  It appears here in Michigan there are a few reefers that set up a price setting scheme and when I came along selling corals for cheaper I started having issues with them. This has created a divide and as a result I removed my images from the site as the mods dont seem to follow thier own policies.  In any event.  I saw your build on RC and it looks amazing.  The Colors and tables are amazing.  You should be very proud of yourself!

Thank You for the kind words Jason.  I am looking forward to checking out the builds.  Talking to Teebone I know you guys use two-part.  I like checking out the geo differences.  My build is seriously outside of the box.  My background is in Computer Engineering and lets just say I apply quite a bit of thought to problems.  And reefing can be one big problem if you dont have solutions!

tdb320reef

Website
www.coralfragz.com

Here is the tank 4/4/2012 when I was phototyping the rockwork!

rockwork10.jpg