a big shout out to big als... NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Im was definately not blaming ny ich problem on big als. It was telling me to lower my salinity. And never said they were bad ppl, just that the one might not be so knowledable as id had hoped. Anyways lesson learned , ive definatelylearned alot since then and sticking with bill at IA with ne problems ive had. very knowledgable guy.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
well in some ways he was correct.. u sure its wasnt 4:20 when you went and you just misunderstood what was being said? hypo salinity is one of two ways to threat ich properly, but you will need to lower the SG to more like 1.08 and do it in a separate hospital tank, or treat with ICH with copper.. nothing else works and nothing else will actually get rid of it. but there are specific instuctions and methods to follow with both options, research is needed of you plan to try either, Reef Central is a good place to start, they have a very extensive write up on ICH, Also, the other LFS you mentioned in London i and MANY others have has some serious issues arise dealing there, sure hes a nice guy and all that, but he wont hesitate to throw you off a bridge in a heart beat if a $ is to be made or saved.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeferkeeper420 link=topic=7622.msg79034#msg79034 date=1391195855]
ive definatelylearned alot since then and sticking with bill at IA with ne problems ive had. very knowledgable guy.

Heh, that might just start a whole new debate...
[/quote]go salty!!!  lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
pulpfiction1 link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7622.msg79035#msg79035 date=1391196263]
[quote author=reeferkeeper420 link=topic=7622.msg79034#msg79034 date=1391195855]
ive definatelylearned alot since then and sticking with bill at IA with ne problems ive had. very knowledgable guy.

Heh, that might just start a whole new debate...
[/quote]go salty!!!  lol
[/quote]

No no, they gave me a badge of honour, I have to be good.  And I unfortunately have to edit anything that goes too far.  Don't need any more "cease and desist" letters going anywhere :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
We all do, don't kid yourself.  We want you to be one of the guys with a tank we can boast about.  "yeah I knew that guy when he was nuking his tank" kind of thing.  :)

This is a really good board, and the best part is...we're not on anyone's payroll, so you get the right to share your experiences without censure.  Well I guess to a limit...

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
what that heck is bioclean anyways? and if your cyano probelms have been going on for 2.5 months, did this all happen 2.5 months ago or just recently?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
This all happened about 2.5 3mobths ago. And bioclean is a beneficial nitrifying bacteria that is suppose to battle cyanobacteria and othr things and balance bacteria levels out and the other vial is a carbon based food supplement for the bacteria to help its effectiveness. It was reccomended by the two LFS in london...another money grab perhaps? If so im doomed... lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
reeferkeeper420 link said:
This all happened about 2.5 3mobths ago. And bioclean is a beneficial nitrifying bacteria that is suppose to battle cyanobacteria and othr things and balance bacteria levels out and the other vial is a carbon based food supplement for the bacteria to help its effectiveness. It was reccomended by the two LFS in london...another money grab perhaps? If so im doomed... lol

i guess the question is if its working or not? i wouldnt go this route myself, bio pellets are probably the best way to carbon dose these days.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
reeferkeeper420 link said:
I have a phosban reactor. I dont dose carbon tho

well the other vials of carbon based food supplements would say otherwise ;-)

so you use GFO in your phosban reactor? correct?

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Another note, if you're not sure there bio pellets then that's an even bigger issue you don't know what they are and you're running them...

JordanHurst

I stopped buying these "solve" all chemicals its a waste of money. Dumping some miricle solution into the tank.

What happened to maintaining proper water chemistry and alowing time and light to do the work as does in the ocean?

Clean RO/DI water,  good Salt, proper dosing- calcium, alk, mag, and stable salinity- means a system properly maintained should have very minor problems.

Time time time time, do water changes, build up a bioligical system where the bugs and organisms do the work. if you dont have micro organisms in your system and surface area for them to live and reproduce to help ur water chemistry stay stable then you wont keep anything alive. My tanks running for 2 years now and its FINALLY a very stable system where corals can take some stress if you dont do a water change early enough, people rushing into this hobby and filling a tank with water and expecting an ocean with no problems.. good luck! it wont work and you will be asking the million questions y things arnt working!!!
Start simple:)

Status
Not open for further replies.