Anyone Ever Kept Discus?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
stunning ! I've always loved discus !
Unfortunately, i had to sell them. One of my angels was being unreasonable, pestering the largest discus. Think they came from a discus only tank, and just couldn't get used to other fish. So now i have a tank with 13 different cichlid species and 7 angels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Unfortunately, i had to sell them. One of my angels was being unreasonable, pestering the largest discus. Think they came from a discus only tank, and just couldn't get used to other fish. So now i have a tank with 13 different cichlid species and 7 angels

that's too bad, they're gorgeous, I've always wanted to have Discus, have never gotten around to it

monizb

Super Active Member
I'm starting a discus tank and planted tank just purchased my tank tonight 135 gal
IMG_2004.JPG

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Very nice! This is one idea I am toying with once my seahorses are no longer with me. My 160 gallon tank setup would be perfect for this I think. Also, I don't have to make so much saltwater, LOL.

monizb

Super Active Member
I'm going to miss my reef setup but no going to miss all the water making ect worrying about skimmers ect worrying about corals I'm going to give this a go discus and plants and groups off tetras

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Was at Mississauga Aquarium today. They had a huge tank full of discus most the size of a softball. I haven't saw nice discus for a while. Also R2O had the largest redline barbs I've ever saw at a LFS had to be close to 4" each and several dozen. Kinda made me think about fresh again

Thion

Screenshot_2016-05-07-22-58-54.png

This was my 90 gallon discus tank..lights on a bit high because I wanted to get a decent photo of them. Some of the most brilliant fish I've ever kept.