Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427848543.262181.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Super Active Member
People should get all fancy and post a picture of a Octocoral like a Blue Coral of the Order Helioporacea or Green Star Polyp of the Order Stolonifera. Both are a sub class and are loosely referred to as "soft corals. Just to mess with Mr Picky pants. ;p

Kman

Super Active Member
The Order Alcyonacea or soft corals contain minute spiny skeletal elements called sclerites in their tissue. Mushrooms belong to the Order Corallimorpharia and Corallimorpharia is an order of marine cnidarians closely related to stony corals, they resemble stony corals with soft fleshy tissue except they don’t have the calcium skeleton like stony corals.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Classifications bother me a bit. I had to say something.
Didn't have time to post up a reply. Thanks Kman for stepping in for me

Sony Xperia Z3

Are we going to have a limit in microns to distinguish LPS from SPS as well? I mean that is strictly a hobbyist distinction that has no taxonomic validity....lol

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Are we going to have a limit in microns to distinguish LPS from SPS as well? I mean that is strictly a hobbyist distinction that has no taxonomic validity....lol
I never said I wasn't going to enter the photos into the contest.

Some people didn't know. So a bit of education is always a good thing. It's better that people realize and understand than not.

Sony Xperia Z3

Status
Not open for further replies.