As I read the news...

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
As of Jan 1, Colorado is the first place in the world to have legal sales of marijuana for people over the age of 21.

Hey hey hey guess what. MACNA is in Denver this year, vendors better be having muchies at there booths ;)

Happy New Year

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I saw that too, people camped outside the stores so they could be the first people to buy pot just for recreational use. I saw a photo with two younger snowboarding dudes holding big bags, they looked like they died and went to heaven.. Lol

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Yea, from what I read and understand...you are allowed to have an ounce on you at all times there for personal use.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I am thinking about moving there....

Seriously though, the prohibition of marijuana is just about the stupidest thing out there.  So much money to be made from the tax and revenue.  Only the criminals want to keep it illegal. ( Cough, cough...Steven Harper)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Justin Trudeau is thinking about moving there too!

Mark my words but this is the start of the end of marijuana prohibition. It might take another 10 years but sooner or later it will be decriminalized or legal in Canada. It's too bad we had the balls to keep alcohol legal during the u.s prohibition but literally needed the U.S. to take the first steps on marijuana legalization. 

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Darryl_V link said:
Justin Trudeau is thinking about moving there too!

Mark my words but this is the start of the end of marijuana prohibition. It might take another 10 years but sooner or later it will be decriminalized or legal in Canada. It's too bad we had the balls to keep alcohol legal during the u.s prohibition but literally needed the U.S. to take the first steps on marijuana legalization. 

Agreed, although I think it will be much sooner then 10 years.  Liberals will win in 2015 and with the help of the NDP (assuming they are still on board) I can see decriminalization happening much sooner, legalization may take a few more years.

CanadaCorals.com

Website Affiliate
Website
www.canadacorals.com
I am glad to hear they passed it.

I am not into drugs but laws that protect you from yourself are ridiculous.

Watch this video. It's an ex cop that makes more sense than anyone I have ever listened to:

http://www.upworthy.com/every-war-on-drugs-myth-thoroughly-destroyed-by-a-retired-police-captain

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
CanadaCorals.com link said:

Watch this video. It's an ex cop that makes more sense than anyone I have ever listened to:

http://www.upworthy.com/every-war-on-drugs-myth-thoroughly-destroyed-by-a-retired-police-captain

+1 to this.  I have seen that before and its quite informative.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
CanadaCorals.com link said:

You might not think you are "into" drugs but everyone uses drugs.  Do you enjoy alcohol, caffine, tabacco?  Do you take any prescription medications or over the counter drugs (tylenol, ibphrophen etc).  These are all drugs that affect the body and mind.  Marijuana is chemically less toxic than tabacco, caffine and even aspirin.  There are thousands of deaths (each year) directly from consuming alcohol (overdose) but no one has ever died from the direct over consumption of marjiuana.

I'm not really "into" drugs either....but marijuana is less harmful than some of the things that are legal.  That just doesnt make sense.  Besides, people are already doing it in great numbers, might as well take the money away from the criminals, legalize it and tax it.  It would be good for the economy.

As far as legalizing other, harder drugs, I'm on the fence about.  I'm not against it but marijuana use doesnt have a large societal impact.  Meth, heroine and crack are another ball game.  I do think they should treat addiction more like a mental health issue though and have better public awareness of the consquences of these drugs to potential users.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
God damn it, hippies everywhere. 

Liberals are way too anti gun for me.  I couldn't care less about you potheads, but when someone says I can't keep my AR-15 then you'll see me at the voting booth.  Long live PC!  Besides Justin timberlake can't run the country, you guys are high. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
God damn it, hippies everywhere. 

Liberals are way too anti gun for me.  I couldn't care less about you potheads, but when someone says I can't keep my AR-15 then you'll see me at the voting booth.  Long live PC!  Besides Justin timberlake can't run the country, you guys are high. 

hahahaha :D

MikeB

I agree F**** the anti gun Liberals.. They so inept at running the country.. Gun control , Military downsizing,cash for buddies scandals. ECT.ECT. they are afraid of criminals and attach legal gun ownership and hunters rights.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
MikeB link said:
I agree F**** the anti gun Liberals.. They so inept at running the country.. Gun control , Military downsizing,cash for buddies scandals. ECT.ECT. they are afraid of criminals and attach legal gun ownership and hunters rights.

And now I see they're all potheads too.  :)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
MikeB link said:
Glen, play the banjo for me while I start my rant.  Liberals....I hate um and they stink.  Talking about all that socialized medicine, socialized education.....all that is is nazi talk.  Don't you know that the first thing hitler did, was go after the guns.  Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.  I sawz that on T.V.  pew pew. 

Mike Duffy.  The end.

haha.  Im not sure why people get so entrenched in a certain party like its a sports team.  I like some things the conservatives have done but when it comes time to vote I will actually take a look at the party platforms and maybe watch a debate.  I vote on issues that matter to me, not what colour or letter is by the canidates name.  Now that may align you with a certain parties values but at least if the party is failing you, you are willing to change.  This vs. low information voters who vote (or dont vote because so many people love to bad mouth politics but dont vote) strictly party lines for no informed reason.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=MikeB link=topic=7319.msg75379#msg75379 date=1388689267]
Glen, play the banjo for me while I start my rant.  Liberals....I hate um and they stink.  Talking about all that socialized medicine, socialized education.....all that is is nazi talk.  Don't you know that the first thing hitler did, was go after the guns.  Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.  I sawz that on T.V.  pew pew. 

Mike Duffy.  The end.

haha.  Im not sure why people get so entrenched in a certain party like its a sports team.  I like some things the conservatives have done but when it comes time to vote I will actually take a look at the party platforms and maybe watch a debate.  I vote on issues that matter to me, not what colour or letter is by the canidates name.  Now that may align you with a certain parties values but at least if the party is failing you, you are willing to change.  This vs. low information voters who vote (or dont vote because so many people love to bad mouth politics but dont vote) strictly party lines for no informed reason.
[/quote]

Heh, to be honest I haven't trusted the PC party since they put Kim Campbell in power, who did more damage to lawful gun ownership than almost anyone in Canadian History.  However I can't forgive the liberals for misleading Canadians about their intentions with the GST (another shitty PC tax).  So until the libertarian party has a chance of winning an election, I can simply email my candidate and ask them where they stand on certain policies, record their answers for future use/abuse, and vote accordingly.  I do have a couple of redneck-blind PC-for-life friends that think the PC government's shit don't stink, but otherwise I do find Canadians to be much more likely to 'jump ship' based upon their feelings towards the candidate rather than the party.

All that said, I'm against anyone that sides with the pro-gun-control groups just to get votes.  Plus, Harper has slithery lips and vampire eyes. 

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
Can I vote Mr Ford for PM?  A man of utmost personal integrity.  Supports economics on all levels. 

He would prob legalize it in his during his swearing in speech.
:)

davesolo29

Super Active Member
I have never voted in my life.  I have never taken the time to listen to what any of the parties stand for or what they claim they will do so I don't think it would be right going to a poll with an uneducated decision. 

That being said, I don't ever bitch or complain about anything government related not do I feel I have any right to.

It does actually bother me that there are so many people that just vote for someone because a friend or family member says that's who they are voting for.  As well as people who only hear one thing that party is doing and base it on that alone. 

For example many people are for it against legalizing marijuana and will vote solely based on that one thing rather than find out what else they do or don't support. 
I think there should be more people like me who if uninformed abstain from voting or learn more prior to voting. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I have voted a couple times in my life when I was younger and didn't really understand much of anything that was going on in the political world.... Now I pay much more attention to politics and what's happening in the world and it has made me not want to vote at all....I honestly don't really like any of them and the more I learn about politics it seems the more confused I am and begin to realize that I don't think we get much of the picture as general public and often seems as though there is a lot of missing pieces. Darryl, you got me, I am the guy who doesn't vote and will rant about politics....however, I must defend myself by saying that I don't rant on or against any party in particular but do like to carry on a good political convo with the info I have now....maybe it would be better if I just went and sabotaged my vote but I heard that is apparently illegal (technically) so figured why bother....hmmm what do u think, next time just sabotage it? Because I definitely am not picking one of those scoundrels over the other....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
davesolo29 link said:
I have never voted in my life.  I have never taken the time to listen to what any of the parties stand for or what they claim they will do so I don't think it would be right going to a poll with an uneducated decision. 

That being said, I don't ever bitch or complain about anything government related not do I feel I have any right to.

It does actually bother me that there are so many people that just vote for someone because a friend or family member says that's who they are voting for.  As well as people who only hear one thing that party is doing and base it on that alone. 

For example many people are for it against legalizing marijuana and will vote solely based on that one thing rather than find out what else they do or don't support. 
I think there should be more people like me who if uninformed abstain from voting or learn more prior to voting. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I've been in this situation as well, however I try to -always- vote.  I write clearly on the ballot "I do not wish to vote for any of the parties".  That is called an undecided vote.  It does count, in its own way.    Writing "candidate X is a knob gobbling doofus" is called a spoiled ballot, and discarded.  It's always good to vote, even if you don't vote for anyone.  Just my opinion of course :)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hmmm....good idea salty!
Honestly it is pretty difficult and annoying when you are having a political debate with friends and always get trumped by " you don't even vote!" Now I can legally say I do!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk