As I read the news...

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
As pure co-incidence I watched a drug documentary this weekend.  It was pretty good and cemented a lot of the thoughts I already had on the "drug" trade.  I highly recommend it.

How to make money selling drugs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1276962/?ref_=nv_sr_1

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
There was some fake internet news being circulated saying 37 died from OD on first day. They made up fake doctors, people, scientists lol

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
If your talking about marijuana no one has ever been proven to die from OD (although I dont think smoking it is a major carcinogen but more study is needed).  Its virtually impossible scientifically to OD.  Alcohol, well that is another story.  47,000 people died last year from alcohol consumption and related long term damage in the US, last year a lone.  Im not anti-alcohol but the hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
(although I dont think smoking it is a major carcinogen but more study is needed).
Dude, maybe it's time to ease up a bit on the ganja:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cigarette_smoke_carcinogens

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=7319.msg75836#msg75836 date=1389023282]
(although I dont think smoking it is a major carcinogen but more study is needed).

[/quote]Dude, I'm fully aware that cigarettes raise the risk of cancer considerably in users (I dont live under a rock).  Im talking about marijuana where the evidence is much less conclusive (despite use for hundreds of years). 

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
From what I've seen over the few years I've been on this planet is that I would easily make the observation that cigarettes are pure addiction. When you think about the high or effect you get from most other drugs including alcohol and pot it does not come close in comparison to what "high" you get from cigarettes. The fact that many people go to great lengths just to have a smoke and get no real physical high from it would only leave two reasons why they are smoking.... Social appeal/being cool or they are addicted. There is a guy I work with and he has to be the cheapest person I've ever met and yet he smokes and the tax free brand either lol....the store bought expensive ones! Why I asked him one day....and his reply was because he can't function properly without a smoke. This has to be proof that they are very highly addictive...
On a side note I watched a good show about how Chinese counterfeits are affecting the world.... It was very interesting and counterfeit drugs have now become a major concern worldwide with numerous deaths each year from them.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7319.msg75847#msg75847 date=1389026486]

[/quote]Dude, I'm fully aware that cigarettes raise the risk of cancer considerably in users (I dont live under a rock).  Im talking about marijuana where the evidence is much less conclusive (despite use for hundreds of years). 
[/quote]
Darryl_V link said:
Here you go Glen. 

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

Ah.... I thought you meant smoking in general.

I will say that hand held vaporizers have come light years as of late.  I had an older style one and it was...too effective.  Haven't touched the stuff in years because I got "too high" the last time I tried it.  Plus I'm not 18 any more  Hey, if you're not breathing in -smoke- just thc it should only have the normal side effects of making you lazier and stupider.  ;)

Skim

I can see in know

Ah just think how much more interesting that Wave motion in the tank will be and all the pretty colours wow! LED's wow did you see that I swear that Clown just smiled at me. Boy that Clam looks real familiar. Hey man you don't think the fish will get high because you know the skimmers going to suck in some of this smoke maybe you should put some Chemi Pure in. Hey don't bogart that thing pass it on over. Hey what do you think would happen if we dropped that Clown in the Bubble King do think he would just spin around or go and down or do you think the foam would push him up into the cup? Whoops sorry man I miss read it it's one cap per 50 Gal. not 5 Gal do you think its going to be a problem? Hey if I piss into the Tank you think the skimmer will take it out or does just work on fish piss? Hey you wanna do some Vodka shooters one for me one for you and one for the tank they say its a good source of carbon? Hey man I dare ya to grab that Lion fish by the lip just like a Bass.
AH all you poor fish and corals you have no idea what awaits you.
I got to stop I could go on but sorry guys after I read the post all this stuff just flashed into my head. Boy I'm glad I was not into Reef Tanks in my younger days I would have had some messed up fish.
That's it when I get the Tank up and running again I'm getting two Clowns. One will be Cheech and the other Chong.

Anyhow thought it would be good for a laugh!

All the best.
Skim

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=7319.msg75850#msg75850 date=1389028159]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=7319.msg75847#msg75847 date=1389026486]

[/quote]
Darryl_V link said:
Here you go Glen. 

Cannabis and tobacco smoke are not equally carcinogenic
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

Ah.... I thought you meant smoking in general.

I will say that hand held vaporizers have come light years as of late.  I had an older style one and it was...too effective.  Haven't touched the stuff in years because I got "too high" the last time I tried it.  Plus I'm not 18 any more  Hey, if you're not breathing in -smoke- just thc it should only have the normal side effects of making you lazier and stupider.  ;)
[/quote]

If you got "too high" of the weed from the 1960s, I would hate to see what would happen to ya nowadays. Lol

Skim

That's just a bit to far back. My time was like early to mid 80's. Ya I know what you are saying I know a lot of guy's that have stopped because its just to much and a lot of people are reacting to the stuff, Heart palpitations or hard time breathing after. That was one of the big reasons I quite, my Jamaican buddy just finally quite because of the same thing.
The best stuff always can from the soil smooth just like Mother nature intended it to be. Just like in the Reef Tank you would not want to double the dose of Trace elements or Calcium. I just put the post up thought some may get a laugh.
All the best.

Skim  >:D

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
someone must have been really high to actually follow through with this.. lol

aquarium_003.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Skim link said:
That's just a bit to far back. My time was like early to mid 80's. Ya I know what you are saying I know a lot of guy's that have stopped because its just to much and a lot of people are reacting to the stuff, Heart palpitations or hard time breathing after. That was one of the big reasons I quite, my Jamaican buddy just finally quite because of the same thing.
The best stuff always can from the soil smooth just like Mother nature intended it to be. Just like in the Reef Tank you would not want to double the dose of Trace elements or Calcium. I just put the post up thought some may get a laugh.
All the best.

Skim  >:D

I laffed :D