Baseball Talk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
I agree Spyd. I have followed them for as long as I can remember.

I'm only taking interest because they're winning.  I'm waiting paiently for the great toronto crash and burn.  Just curious if it's all the toronto teams or just the leafs.  (oh they gots me riled tonight!)  ;D

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay so let me see if I have this sort of figured out...

There is an American league and a national league, and I guess they are like east and west in hockey?

Each is divided into 3 divisions (?).

American league plays national for pennant I guess?

Jays are .500 right now, but 8 teams are above that, does that mean at this point they would be eliminated from the playoffs(?)

I watched 'baseball in 30' the other night, it was quite watchable.  Of course it was on sportsnet, and I think they only play games where the jays win (like leafs tv doesn't show replay games where the leafs lose).  30 minutes is GREAT for baseball, 3-4 hours is just right out.  Looks like pittsburg is the town to beat this year overall.  Hell, it could be a boston-pittsburg for the pennant if I have the above correct :) 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Okay so let me see if I have this sort of figured out...

There is an American league and a national league, and I guess they are like east and west in hockey?

Each is divided into 3 divisions (?).

American league plays national for pennant I guess?

Jays are .500 right now, but 8 teams are above that, does that mean at this point they would be eliminated from the playoffs(?)

I watched 'baseball in 30' the other night, it was quite watchable.  Of course it was on sportsnet, and I think they only play games where the jays win (like leafs tv doesn't show replay games where the leafs lose).  30 minutes is GREAT for baseball, 3-4 hours is just right out.  Looks like pittsburg is the town to beat this year overall.  Hell, it could be a boston-pittsburg for the pennant if I have the above correct :) 

AdamS

Really? Damn, was in in costume? I was at the Tilted Kilt for dinner first and for one reason or another, dinner seemed to really drag on.  ::) So i actually missed half the first inning.

AdamS

Really? Damn, was in in costume? I was at the Tilted Kilt for dinner first and for one reason or another, dinner seemed to really drag on.  ::) So i actually missed half the first inning.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
He's trying to smile after all the money he made when school ended.

http://youtu.be/SxkFyX5Ojyg

He still looks the same.