Bfofre 90 Gallon Reef Build

Bfofre

Re: The beginnings...

A quick update of the tank..  All my rock work  (new and old) installed and aquascaped.  Some seed rock from another Windsor reefer,  some live sand thrown in the fuge..  I'm full steam ahead! 
emuhy7yv.jpg
dy7ejepa.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Bfofre

apeju5uj.jpg
9aruha2y.jpg
esu6e9ap.jpg
6y4a9atu.jpg

Lots of caves and nooks and crannies.  :) 
Some high spots and low spots for corals...  Now it's time to wait! 

Bfofre

Really really need an ATO!  Too many choices..  Been really thinking about the Hydor koralia ATO...  But not sure what to get... I hate buying stuff twice!  Lol

Bfofre

Did some aquascape changes after my return from vacation..  This is how I always intended it.

Starting to get my diatom bloom at 4wks.  Cycle going well!

20140313_174605_zpsqcndlwxz.jpg

Bfofre

Starting to get some nice nasty stuff now!

20140313_174542_zpsytkgkj53.jpg

Bfofre

The wife made the collage...  She's tech savvy..  She loves the tank too

Bfofre

Been playing with the t5's,  I started with the stock build  (sea world 12k, actinics) I replaced a 12k with a coral plus,  then added another coral plus and 2 blue plus , replacing another 12k and 2 of the stock actinics.  Today I added 2 more blue plus...  So now I have 4 blue plus,  2 coral plus.  Ended up replacing the entire brand new stock light bulbs!  Lol.  I am still considering swapping out a coral plus for a purple plus..    We'll see...  I like the blue of the blue plus,  the coral plus are a still a little white for my liking  but I think necessary for growth!

Bfofre

20140324_215107_zpsubggqhfq.jpg

And another...

Hopefully this helps someone out who isn't sure what colour they want..

Bfofre

So I have a question...  Its been approx 3mnths, I have introduced some easy softie corals and  4 fish.  I haven't seen any jump in my levels.  After my cycle,  I had a diatom bloom so I added a clean up crew..  20 margerita snails,  10 hermits.  They've cleaned up the rock quite nice..
My question,  everyday I come home to the glass covered in haze of brown algae.  (likely diatoms)  I just preformed 25% water change on weekend,  refreshed the carbon,  and GFO.
Is this normal?  Any idea when it should subside?