Bfofre 90 Gallon Reef Build

Bfofre

Poseidon link said:
looking good!
quite full for only a month old, looks like your moving quickly :)

Yes agreed...moving fast...
After my cycle, then my diatom bloom passed... All my level's came in check!
I am satisfied with my water quality and tank progress.

I did however acquire some soft corals from a local reefer at a steel... so i couldn't resist!!
Everything in the tank is happy happy happy.. 

However just getting back in the game....I'm not new by any means...successfully keeping a mixed reef for years before.  I think i sometimes bend the rules, but hey..I guess that makes it part of the challenge...

Just forgot a lot, and haven't kept up with the technology...

Anyway, I'm keeping this thread going and updated to keep a log of progress, and hopefully help out some other "newbies"

Bfofre

Wow, been since April since my last update...

34b722807fb427c35d8cd794325ae641.jpg
cbf3a175897e363714ac0649dd464812.jpg

Tank is doing well.. After I switched to led's I've been completely satisfied with their performance.

My maintenance schedule is very basic.. 30% water change monthly, fresh carbon and gfo at the same time.. And that's about it!

I don't focus on levels and testing, as I truly let the health of my tank and corals tell me if there is something wrong.

They only thing I'm not overly impressed with is the growth of my zoas. Some have shriveled away to nothing.. But only a few small colonies.

I still have all my original fish (including the green chromis) that were first in the tank.. A few additions too.. My favourite being my wrasse.. I intend to get another.

Finally, after lights out there is an explosion of life in the tank.. A sure sign of health!

After the summer I've been bitten by the bug again.. What next?