Calling All Bow Shooters

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well turns out quite a few of us hunt as well as reef so lets see if any members want to get together for a bow shoot.... im heading out tomorrow evening to do some shooting with my x-bow anyone wanna tag along? i go almost every weekend to a crown land plot (target shooting is permitted) so anyone that wants to come as well give a shout..... maybe we can get a tft hunt camp started :D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I have not been out in pass two years been so busy I was talking to my wife about getting back into it think next winter I'm all in :)
if we score a farmer with grain fields down your way they pretty much hand out as many deer tags as you can afford the zone ive been hunting still has a 100% for first round antlerless draw and 75% second round and of course the given buck seal you get with your tag but finding a good shooter is slim pickins around here. Theres so little public land and alot of the farmers are anti-hunting thanks to the idiots from toronto way.... im in the midst of finding new grounds as it is so am open to opinions and is early enough to help with plots and all that fun stuff

monizb

Super Active Member
I have a few farm lands around me that I'm able to hunt and lucky and lots of deer we push the bush want it comes for deer hunting bunny hunt in winter my Brothers old boss has a few acres near the iona last year 4 hunters from Toronto where arrested for hunting on his land with out notice

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i have my bow resting quietly in the basement, cant say i wouldnt mind to dust it off and shoot it :)
i just dont understand all the tag rules and restrictions and hunting seasons etc.
i did as much reading as i could last fall and went out in the bush in bow season with my buck tag and apparently i did it all wrong lol
(good thing i never saw a buck haha)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
@Poseidon it can be a big PITA especially figuring what zone is where, and every zone has different seasons and limits if you had your license and tag only ya thats a nono gotta have your game seal you get with your tag on you at all times and place it imediately upon finding it down..... thats why we need a hunt camp so the new guys can learn properly instead of guessing lol thats one mistake you dont want. any time i have aa question or concern i call the ministry to double check they are normally very helpful

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It was eating my crops. That's all that's needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Meh, I've had so many friends hunt ( never with me) that have Done it properly , tags and all, but have never had to prove it lol

Guy in tburg just got caught this past fall, 1500$ fine and banned from hunting for 2 years I belive

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Meh, I've had so many friends hunt ( never with me) that have Done it properly , tags and all, but have never had to prove it lol

Guy in tburg just got caught this past fall, 1500$ fine and banned from hunting for 2 years I belive
Ive only been checked while fishing and once they came to check my freezer.... good thing i left the skin on my fillets :)... and thats light technically anyone caught poaching can not only get jail time and huge fines but they can take all your gear your guns your truck and in the extreme your house!!!! the $40 a year to hunt is worth it when you know what can happen its not worth the risk

davesolo29

Super Active Member

$1500!!! That's all!
I paid $3500 twelve years ago for target shooting in my backyard. Was when we first moved to the city. Apparently you can't shoot your bow at a target in the city. Dam by laws. Who knew?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
$1500!!! That's all!
I paid $3500 twelve years ago for target shooting in my backyard. Was when we first moved to the city. Apparently you can't shoot your bow at a target in the city. Dam by laws. Who knew?

stop talking and get to the bow shop already :) im going shooting again tomorrow

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
:( im waiting for the 3-d targets to go on sale at sail that will be a little more fun but spring turkey is jist around the corner i gotta choose what zone to hunt real soon and get my tags