Calling All Bow Shooters

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
We have a good population of buck and doe, if I can find the pic I took of a bucks print, either way it was as long as my hand and no drag marks, so?, we always have bunches of turkeys too, just have to be in the right part of the valley to heard em In to were you them, or sit and wait, cause it's a loonnngggg valley:)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Basically the entire area of trees, and bottoms of the valley, so almost 3/4 of a country block:), Tehe!!
image.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
@EricTMah the other night i was at my buddies and put a few arrows into flight for shits and giggles... it seems shoveling over the past 4 years have helped rehab my shoulder a bit. launched maybe 30 painfree the next day so i nabbed one for myself. they are a little more fun to shoot than a crossbow so will be great :)

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
@EricTMah the other night i was at my buddies and put a few arrows into flight for shits and giggles... it seems shoveling over the past 4 years have helped rehab my shoulder a bit. launched maybe 30 painfree the next day so i nabbed one for myself. they are a little more fun to shoot than a crossbow so will be great :)
That's great news. We'll have to hit the range soon.

My buddy and I are going to shooters choice tomorrow morning around 8am.

Msg me if you wanted to meet there.

Sony Xperia Z3

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
That's great news. We'll have to hit the range soon.

My buddy and I are going to shooters choice tomorrow morning around 8am.

Msg me if you wanted to meet there.

Sony Xperia Z3

Gotta get me some arrows and string first lol i dont have the bow yet.... xbow is a little scary indoors lmao the sound when it hits the target is as loud or louder than a fast ball in a pitchers mit has crazy kinetic energy if you check the specs .... even a shoulder blade cant stop it lol clean through every time so far... when i hit the shoulder blade it sucked i lost a bit of meat on that one lol it exploded and the rage crossbow heads are BEASTS

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Gotta get me some arrows and string first lol i dont have the bow yet.... xbow is a little scary indoors lmao the sound when it hits the target is as loud or louder than a fast ball in a pitchers mit has crazy kinetic energy if you check the specs .... even a shoulder blade cant stop it lol clean through every time so far... when i hit the shoulder blade it sucked i lost a bit of meat on that one lol it exploded and the rage crossbow heads are BEASTS
Ya it's always shocking when someone is sighting their xbow at the range.

Shooters choice has the hard rubber targets for xbows. Just so you know for when you do want to shoot there with yours

Sony Xperia Z3

davesolo29

Super Active Member
They also have a metal door frame on the left side of the range that if you hit just right your arrow will go right through it. Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well i found somewhere to get bow scaves from so guess im gonna build a longbow lol. seems like a fun project. made a nice board bow years ago but this one will be legit from a scave. have always wanted an ash or maple backed with hickory as well :) would be one sexy bow with a 3 tone grip

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Check out ravenbeak.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
they sell archery building supplies?? unless its local shipping would kill me a&m in cambridge is a custom lumber mill and 5 min away :) last bow i made i sold for $250 first longbow i build lasted 200 shots then cabluey lmao but i learned alot since. Buddy that bought my one bow uses it for moose and loves it :)

Sewerat

Super Active Member
I would like to get/make a nice longbow for the medieval club I'm involved with, yew would be awesome, hence the ravenbeak reference.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I would like to get/make a nice longbow for the medieval club I'm involved with, yew would be awesome, hence the ravenbeak reference.

Make one at home longbows are super easy most the shaping is done with rasps and a hand planer. Hardest part is getting a good piece of wood. You just use a band saw to cut the rough shape for the limbs and take some excess off of the handle. Then lots of rasping and planing to perfection.... just make a tillering tree out of a 2x4 theres 3-4 good videos on youtube of actual bow shops building bows. And 1 hobbyist that did it right. Can send a link if you are interested or just search youtube is easy to find.

Recurves are a bit more work but still alot easier than you would imagine. Just pay special attention to tillering. My first one from start to finish took 6 hrs spread over a few days. Yew would be nice but hickory, oak, red oak, sugar maple, vine maple, white ash, and lemonwood are all great core woods. If not the best peice of wood or a high pound bow you just back it with giberglass bamboo or hickory ;) all those perform about the same. Some a bit better some a bit less. Library should have a couple good books as well i know cambridge does.