clean up crew group order

nexusnight

Emailed them today should hear back Monday I assume. Going to try and make a reef cleaners order work. Get ur lists together.
Anyone know what duty is like on These kinds of orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

reeffreak

Super Active Member
nexusnight link said:
Emailed them today should hear back Monday I assume. Going to try and make a reef cleaners order work. Get ur lists together.
Anyone know what duty is like on These kinds of orders?

Contact neo pimp directly he can let ya know how it all works, he's gone twice now for us here. Which was very appreciated.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I limit myself to one group buy a year...hooping takes time to recover from... Especially will thousands of snails:)

There are two options for placing orders.  Have each person place and pay for it through the reef cleaners website, mentioning which group buy they are apart of.  That means you will have to collect duties from each order to make yourself break even.

Or what I do is take the orders from everyone, place the orders under my name and pay with my credit card.  People puttin in orders pay me whatever the going exchange rate and duties are on top of the order. I mentioned in each orders comments the members name and the groupbuy.
"neopimps order Fragtank groupbuy"

That keeps he whole order in my name at the border.

For paperwork total up all the quantities of each animal with the Latin name and common name with the cost.  They may try and check the animals against a database they have for restricted aquatic import under the Canadian food inspection agency, but they will not find any of them since they aren't restricted, as far as I know.

Sometimes less information is more.  I take my wife and go to the mall there and usually buy some clothes.  When you get to the border an they ask about anything to declare just say I went to the mall got some clothes and a package of some reef aquarium critters.  They will ask total value and you tell them the total.  Say 800 bucks, they will assume that the clothes are the majority of the order and send you in to pay duty.  The duty people just want there money and don't question what it's for whatever the amount it seems.

Don't lie but you can present information a certain way.    :)

Print out each invoice for each order.  If they start to dig just tell them the truth right away and show them the invoices. You can even give them the website address to the group buy I you wanted to. You are not doing anything wrong but sometimes thy can waste time.  They will also want to know who the seller is as well.

Email money transfers from interac.com or through your bank are easiest. In person cash is better. I made people pay unless I knew where they lived and could break legs later.

Don't lie and bring as much paperwork as you can.

Timing of when the parcels get to the depot can be a tricky thing to.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
We had three dead peppermint shrimps last order.  The one before the shrimps were fine.

nexusnight

So I've been trying to get ahold of someone at reef cleaners and the depot and no answer. Dunno why. Don't have the time to piss around with places that don't respond to emails or calls.
If someone else is ordering and picking up I may  in for that.