Coral Show Off Thread

nexusnight

P1000465_zpsf2f50953.jpg

new open brain we picked up last night. sweet looking piece. shot with a panasonic lumix. no edit

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Considering that at one point I went over ten years without adding anything new to my tank..... This was a huge weekend for new aquisitions...

Pics of just a few...

Dendros from IA and a great deal from Bill, just starting to peek out...

DSC02972-crop_zps823e01dc.jpg

Nice Chalice also from IA

DSC02968crop_zpsc1ad933d.jpg

TLC Chalice from Kijiji with tons of potential...

DSC02964crop_zps79ed44b3.jpg

and more for later....

spyd

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
IMG_2702.jpg
Thats funny that you bought that one....Jay said it was sold to a guy in florida.  ah hmmm......super piece though, really original.

What an UGLY piece of  :poop: that chalice is!!! I will take it off your hands and dispose of it properly!!  ;D

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Had a chance to take a few pics and try some new things...always trying to improve...Guys here set a pretty high standard, which makes us all improve our game.    8)

Rick's Mighty Morphin' Mummy's Eye Chalice.

DSC03053a_zps92325f0c.jpg

First shot I've taken with an achromatic diopter on my 70-210mm telezoom, Metallic orange mushroom.  Untouched and not a crop.

DSC03051a_zps3aaf68f4.jpg

My new Dendros from IA with my Yellow Sun Dendros in the background.

DSC03034a_zps13aaccd7.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Awesome pics! I don't think you have really explained what you are using to take these :) I feel you got some DIY stuff going on or something with that lens/camera. Would love to know how you took these photos.

Love that first chalice! I want to see more :)

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
unibob link said:
Awesome pics! I don't think you have really explained what you are using to take these :) I feel you got some DIY stuff going on or something with that lens/camera. Would love to know how you took these photos.

Love that first chalice! I want to see more :)

Hey not everything that I do is DIY!!!  LOL  OK so I love designing and fabricating things.  I spend too much time at a desk and not enough in the shop these days.

I am using a little Sony A35 SLT.  Same 16 MP APS-C sensor that Sony manufactures for Nikon modified to accommodate the continuous live view and longer video capture times.  Would not have been my first or second choice (those are easy to guess) but the right deal on a body and kit lens with under 200 actuations for the price of a mid-line point and shoot and the fact that I had a few brilliant  Minolta A-mount lenses from the film days that were fully compatible made it an easy way to get back into photography. Plus for the normal family snaps thing the SLT with my compact 50mm is pocketable (in cargo pants) yet still has a proper viewfinder (thank god...I hate framing with the screen).

For glass, along with the surprisingly decent 18-55 Sony kit lens, I have a few of the classic Konica/Minolta AF lenses.  35-70 f4 mini beercan, 70-210 f4 beercan, 50 f1.7 prime.  I have been experimenting with these in various combinations along with my old Tamaron bbar 2x tele-converter and recently an achromatic diopter found on flea-bay.  I have a reversing ring which I use with my manual 50mm k-mount saved from my old Ricoh XR-M (pro SLR) but the working distances are too small to be really practical for in tank shots. The compact frame handles like my old ME Super.

A couple of paly shots taken with the kit lens and the tele-converter.  Just a tiny bit soft but I didn't turn the pumps off so blame that on the movement. Slight crop just for framing, -1ev exposure (camera seems to over-compensate for the tele)

"Incredible" Palys
DSC03060crop_zpsf5e39d2a.jpg

MRT Pinball Palys
DSC03061crop_zps7f0cbbdb.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Not my photo, but one kick ass looking octaspawns. Really digging the all green one. Anyone seen any of this local?

y5e2u2yt.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Not my photo, but one kick ass looking octaspawns. Really digging the all green one. Anyone seen any of this local?

y5e2u2yt.jpg