Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
ere3ages.jpg

Redonk.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Heh, first time I took the pics with the white lights on, and a useable white balance setting.  Usually I do the pics with blues only, since I want to get that glowing awesome look that you see in person. 

Colours have improved definitely in the tank, so white pics actually look good.  Brandon was by tonight and thought the christmas tree was something I got from Bigshow, so I take that as a compliment :)

spyd

Super Active Member
You have some absolutely AMAZING colour on that Sunset Salty!!! Haven't seen it coloured up like that before. Normally the orange is a lot deeper in colour. You were able to capture the colour properly in that photo as well after seeing it person! Well done!!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
spyd link said:
You have some absolutely AMAZING colour on that Sunset Salty!!! Haven't seen it coloured up like that before. Normally the orange is a lot deeper in colour. You were able to capture the colour properly in that photo as well after seeing it person! Well done!!

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=spyd link=topic=4331.msg64975#msg64975 date=1382271223]

[/quote]

Where did this guy come from? :D

Nice work... Let's see some more pics of your tank!

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Hey glen! Nice pictures!! Glad you can finally show off your sps under leds!! Did you get a new camera?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4331.msg64979#msg64979 date=1382275117]
[quote author=spyd link=topic=4331.msg64975#msg64975 date=1382271223]

[/quote]

Where did this guy come from? :D

Nice work... Let's see some more pics of your tank!

[/quote]

Gotta do it in small doses.  Otherwise the fanboys start camping outside my house.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Reef Hero link said:
Hey glen! Nice pictures!! Glad you can finally show off your sps under leds!! Did you get a new camera?

Nope, tried it with white lights instead of just the royal blues.  Oh and that xmas tree frag, that's the 'upper' side that faces the light, it's isn't as super duper rich from the side angle.   

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
ady5yzub.jpg

My green monti cap colony, grew from a small frag about 3"x4" ever since my new tank has been up, and I've cut countless frags from it :)

Boga

Poseidon link said:
My green monti cap colony, grew from a small frag about 3\"x4\" ever since my new tank has been up, and I've cut countless frags from it :)

Nice! Here is your 2 part solution for 6 months worth :). Indeed, faster grower. I got a piece from you and doubled in size in few months, even if Ca was pretty low. Beautiful colour.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
A couple of pics of the Tri-colour frag that I just got from Reef Hero.  My wife usually doesn't notice anything sitting on the frag rack (usually a good thing  ;) ).  But this one got a "WOW isn't that gorgeous!!" You know...the kind of reaction that is usually saved for green star polyps.

DSC03770_zpsaf5103f2.jpg

DSC03772_zps04ab8c5c.jpg

It's a coral that looks even better under full lighting.  A bright periwinkle blue, green coralites, yellow polyps.

I'm just hoping that it likes my dirty tank...

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I had to drag out the camera and clean the glass to take a couple of pics of the white cheek for Jeff...
DSC04866_zpschcbiavk.jpg

...and since I was digging stuff out and moving it to the other tank, I snapped a few pics of a piece that I hadn't shown yet to revive this long lost but always enjoyable thread....

I got this chalice as a TLC frag from Jerry (Unibob) a while ago. It was almost pure white other than a few light brown streaks and some yellowish dots in the eyes. It receded and almost died before it started to colour up and grow out and it is now one of the best pieces in my tank IMO and better in person than in the pics!

DSC04867_zpstdwjl7hw.jpg

DSC04869_zpsdgcbojuq.jpg

DSC04870_zpsu4xuosxz.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Looks like a beaut.

Here are some originals, looks like that green rim is showing nicely now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Nice Jerry, are those from when the one I got came in or are they a current piece???

It doesn't really show fully but the yellow and orange in the center is spreading out from the eyes and is becoming a streak through it! It would be awesome if it continues right through...