Derek's Custom 180G SPS Reef Tank

jroovers

Super Active Member
The tank looks great! The gold buddah looks awesome, nicely done. That red acro looks similar to the aussie wild colony Bill has at IA.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Stunning! It is pictures of tanks like this that keep me fired up in the hobby.
sHa_clap21_zpsa6c81d96.gif
I always love to see all that color. I don't seem to have the touch though and my reef tank is mediocre at best. The fish are doing great but the corals don't have that "pop" of color. My energy and labour these days is going towards my seahorses so much. Maybe one day though I'll learn to balance the two and improve my reef tank.

spyd

Super Active Member
Yah they are outta control... Honestly, I wish I could just remove them all but they are a royal pain to try and dislodge from the rock. The rock is also a constructed arch where I used acrylic rod and epoxy to hold it together. So, I can't pull it out of the water at all without damaging my entire aquascaping. Like the clowns that live in them, the anemones just keep making babies. lol.

I know I will be able to get 1 or 2 out right now. They have planted their feet on the underside of my large RR Nauti Spiral which can be easily removed.

Bayinaung

yeah that would be quite difficult to remove. I just hope they don't get friendly with the gorgeous SPS you have.

can't believe the growth of your zoas either. are you feeding them? with what and how often if you don't mind me asking.

spyd

Super Active Member
I feed them absolutely nothing. They just seem to be happy where they are. I normally have good luck with palys. Zoos tend to melt away on me but they have been doing quite well also. I do haver a hint of nitrates so I don't know if that helps them.

spyd

Super Active Member
Soooooooooooooooooo..... After many times going back and forth on it, I have decided to shut down my tank completely and get out of the hobby for a while. I just don't have the time right now and I am worried that one day it will all just implode because I am not maintaining it properly. I will be posting corals first. All the high end corals will go first, followed by the less higher end corals. Rock, then fish, then tank components will follow.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Completely understandable, but sorry to hear this! I'm sure people will be lining up to grab some of your livestock, wish I had my 120 up and running as I'll be looking for coral in the very near future :(

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Yes good. I forget the name of them. But good cleaners. If you have too many there is some fish or shrimp that will eat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk