Do you think maybe things are getting a little carried away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i think they've gone to far for over a year now.... dont even get me started on this bullsh*t...
guns dont kill people, people kill people, its that friken simple.... once society realizes that we can get on with life.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
guns do kill people..........of course someone is operating the gun but you can look at the statistics.  More guns = more shootings and killings.  If it was the other way around than everyone should carry a gun at all times and we can be like the wild west.

fox/faux news.....c'mon.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
That is why if you actually looked at it you would see its GUN related murder rate per 100,000 people.  :eek:  You cant win on this.

It took me a few minutes to look up those stats........we need to stop listening to talking heads and reading op eds.  Statistics dont lie and more guns equals more murder by gun.

Think about it....if everyone had a gun....dont you think when people get into heated situations they will come out.  PEW PEW PEW. 

I got nothing against hunters but I dont think guns should be accessible easily or by everyone.

AdamS

Gotta agree with Darryl on this one.

How many mass killings happened at grade schools this year with hammers and clubs?

If everyone has a right to guns, shouldnt north korea have a right to nuclear arms? Nuclear arms dont kill people...or do they?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
no i know phil, that story is retarded...

i mean the argument in general....
sry darryl im going to have to disagree, in the places where most people own guns, crime, murder and theft are at there lowests.

its the places where criminals own guns and the everyday people dont that have the shootings and killings because there is no one to shoot back.
Putting a law on guns isnt going to keep criminals from owning them, its just going to keep them out of the hands of law abiding citizens that could and most definitely should use them to protect themselves.

Me personally, i wouldn't break into a home where i knew someone was going to blow my head off.
But if i knew that the person owned nothing more than a baseball, i couldn't careless... (specially in canada, the home owner would probally go to jail for assault)

id post a link like :
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

but anyone couldve made that up,
i just think that yes, a gun is a deadly weapon, but so is a kitchen knife, a vehicle, heck even cleaning supplies, but its all about the people who use it.

That being said, 80% of a gun related deaths in canada are suicides. You dont think those people would have found a different way had a gun not been around?

sry, but this is like a weekly argument with the stuck up, never-been-outside,  inlaws of mine.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
AdamS link said:
Gotta agree with Darryl on this one.

How many mass killings happened at grade schools this year with hammers and clubs?

If everyone has a right to guns, shouldnt north korea have a right to nuclear arms? Nuclear arms dont kill people...or do they?

do you think someone sick enough to kill children has a problem mentally? or was his gun the problem?
I guess he was a normal person that just happened to want to kill people and a gun was his best option,

mental facilities have cut budgets, closed facilities, turned these psychos lose, and then we wonderwhy there are people out there like this.

AdamS

pulpfiction1 link said:
not many would attempt to rob or murder if they themselves might become the victim

By that same logic, would you not think capitol punishment deters murder? Find me a statistic that proves it does...

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
lol  this could be the most talked about thing in the world,well North America at least,but removing guns from everyone would make us all defenseless,but lets hope this dont end up like Poseidon's in-law family moments

Status
Not open for further replies.