Do you think maybe things are getting a little carried away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Duke link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4135.msg37481#msg37481 date=1359054401]
Well what the Obama administration wants to do is make military style weapons, like the ar15 etc, extremely hard to purchase,  which is scaring people because they will outlaw that and then realize i didn't do a damn thing, so they ban all hand guns, then realize people are still killing each other with shotguns, so they ban that, then What??? What u gonna ban next???

All you need to do Is realize the problem is society , and the mental health is a huge part of it, once you start curing the problem, then and only then can you see the symptoms murders, shootings etc, go away

the joke of it all to me is.. . What exactly distinguishes an "assault" style semi automatic long rifle versus a "non assault" type semi automatic long rifle? is it the look? the caliber? the magazine position? there are plenty of much more deadly "non-assault" semi automatic long rifles.. the reason gun owners in the USA are outraged by whats about to happen is this exact reason.. Should benellis R1 30-06 caliber semi automatic be included in the ban? how about Remington model 750s, browning bars, and ruger 99's according to the legislation proposed they all wont be inclued but they are high caliber, extremely deadly and highly accurate at much greater distances, but most have a wood grained stock on them so that must make them ok.
[/quote]

to the best of my knowledge i believe they classify assault weapons as anything used in the military/law enforcement type of setting (in any country really)...    but i dunno, maybe the wood makes it less dangerous some how  :p

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Poseidon link said:
Well what the Obama administration wants to do is make military style weapons, like the ar15 etc, extremely hard to purchase,  which is scaring people because they will outlaw that and then realize i didn't do a damn thing, so they ban all hand guns, then realize people are still killing each other with shotguns, so they ban that, then What??? What u gonna ban next???

All you need to do Is realize the problem is society , and the mental health is a huge part of it, once you start curing the problem, then and only then can you see the symptoms murders, shootings etc, go away

the ar15 in question uses a wimpy .223 calibre more often than not so i just dont get it.. should all .223 calibre long rifles be banned too? i see what your saying for sure.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
this guy shoots all kinds of guns, hes in the states, and all the guns he uses are legal..
tell me this shotgun is less dangerous than an 'assualt rifle'

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Poseidon link said:
this guy shoots all kinds of guns, hes in the states, and all the guns he uses are legal..
tell me this shotgun is less dangerous than an 'assualt rifle'

its not about how dangerous they are, in the time of a crisis someone needs to stand up and point the finger somewhere, its turned into a political battle between both sides.. like most other issues that come up..

Stop and think for a second.. i could in theory trump all those previous car bombers in the US.. and load up the biggest tractor trailer i can find with ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel and drive it right into an area with 10,000,000 people and kill ALL of them.. should tractor trailers be banned then? how about fertilizer? maybe diesel fuel since it played a significant role? no no i got it.. lets ban the internet because that's where i learned how to make it in the first place.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Me myself have fired many high powered rifles, grown up around guns, hunted. I do admit when you do start firing continuous rounds from a automatic/ "assault" rifle you have nothing else to do but smile. Doesn't mean the person who's firing it is going to walk into a school and shoot people, there is always something else going on. Legal or not people WILL get there hands on them and use them for whatever needs they have.

I used to have my restricted firearms license until I moved addresses, need to renew it now. I do think it should be more challenging to get your firearms license though.  I have my non restricted license right now and don't even own a gun.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
jerry_doucette link said:
Me myself have fired many high powered rifles, grown up around guns, hunted. I do admit when you do start firing continuous rounds from a automatic/ \"assault\" rifle you have nothing else to do but smile. Doesn't mean the person who's firing it is going to walk into a school and shoot people, there is always something else going on. Legal or not people WILL get there hands on them and use them for whatever needs they have.

I used to have my restricted firearms license until I moved addresses, need to renew it now. I do think it should be more challenging to get your firearms license though.  I have my non restricted license right now and don't even own a gun.

the guns they are trying to ban arent even Full auto.. they want to get rid of the standard semi automatic .223.. Just because colt has put it into a package the military has adopted doesnt make it any more dangerous than any other .223 cailbre semi auto right?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
well tractor trailers are dangerous, think of all the crazy people that drive them..  *cough* phil *cough*  8)

and ya, same here jerry...grew up on a farm, dad gave me a .22 when i was 14,

taking something away isnt going to solve the problem

My gfs uncle was going on about how if we took all the guns away and made them illegal that would solve everything, i just said to him, drugs are illegal, yup, no drugs anywhere on our streets, and there VERY difficult to find...  :?

some people are just ignorant to the facts, (in-laws in particular)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
the guns they are trying to ban arent even Full auto.. they want to get rid of the standard semi automatic .223.. Just because colt has put it into a package the military has adopted doesnt make it any more dangerous than any other .223 cailbre semi auto right?

its ridiculous,

Most Powerful Handgun on Earth

id be more scared of this than a .223 cailbre

I

IrishPride

I think everyone should have a gun.  Best way to promote free speech and population control.
:-[

chief hill

Re: Re: Do you think maybe things are getting a little carried away?

[/quote]
He didnt own the guns, his mother did.. secondly the "AR" style semi automatic long rifle was clearly pulled out the truck of the car adam lanza drove to the school by poilce which is recorded on video by numerous news crews.. interesting how it supposedly was the main weapon and according to the coroner "all" the victims were murdered with it.
[/quote]

Sorry but the gun that was pulled from the trunk was not an ar15 lol. It was a shotgun.
I slept with a AR/M4/C8 style rifle in the military long enough to recognize one. (I owned one as well) 
Too many people are quick to say that gun in the trunk was an Ar15 and from "conspiracy theories" are quick to judge.
I am a avid listener of Alex Jones so I'm up on all the current bs in the USA.
I use his site for data/information . BUT... I listen to all sides before making a judgment call.
However all that aside. In the USA they need simple thorough gun control background checks with 100 percent of gun purchases or a license like our pal system.  I love guns. But 40 percent can buy a gun with no background check in the USA .  It's as simple as buying a pair of socks pay cash walk away. 
You can't drive a car without a test and license.  Guns should be the same.  This needs to be included in buying Ammo as well. 
They don't lock it up in the USA at many places so it can be stolen in places like wallymart. 
I don't agree with banning magazines and assault rifles its not going to stop a mass shooting. 

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

P

phi delt reefer

IrishPride link said:
I think everyone should have a gun.  Best way to promote free speech and population control.

i agree.

I've been trying to convince the wife to let me own one for 7 years now... i ask 2-3 times per year but i always get "shot" down (this stuff writes itself...)

keeping my eye out for a nice Mossberg 560A1 and a steady supply of valium to keep the wife sedated so she doesnt know i own it :D.

cars kill more people than guns do yet no one ever tries to outlaw them. same argument could be made for excess amounts of high calorie low nutrition food as well.

Long and short of it, if you take the guns away from americans they will find another way to kill one another.

one more thing... statistics have to be taken with a grain of salt...some of those third world nations that made the list probably have double or triple the listed gun related homicides than what's actually listed. They have poor recording keeping due to the lack of resources. 1st world nations are better at keeping track of everything so our stats sometimes skew things in relation to others 

Darryl_V

Super Active Member

chief hill link said:
Sorry but the gun that was pulled from the trunk was not an ar15 lol. It was a shotgun.
I slept with a AR/M4/C8 style rifle in the military long enough to recognize one. (I owned one as well) 
Too many people are quick to say that gun in the trunk was an Ar15 and from \"conspiracy theories\" are quick to judge.
I use his site for data/information . BUT... I listen to all sides before making a judgment call.
However all that aside. In the USA they need simple thorough gun control background checks with 100 percent of gun purchases or a license like our pal system.  I love guns. But 40 percent can buy a gun with no background check in the USA .  It's as simple as buying a pair of socks pay cash walk away. 
You can't drive a car without a test and license.  Guns should be the same.  This needs to be included in buying Ammo as well. 
They don't lock it up in the USA at many places so it can be stolen in places like wallymart. 
I don't agree with banning magazines and assault rifles its not going to stop a mass shooting. 

a little intelligence and common sense from someone who loves guns......bravo.  What is wrong with stiffening up some regulation in the states, it serves us Canadians well.....but when common sense people say ban high capacity drums and mags like the 100 round one in that video or even universal back ground checks, the nuts hear ...WE ARE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS>

Anyone can buy a gun similar to the video I posted with no background check or license.  You need a license to operate a car...

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
phi delt reefer link said:
[quote author=IrishPride link=topic=4135.msg37523#msg37523 date=1359062343]

Long and short of it, if you take the guns away from americans they will find another way to kill one another.

[/quote]

I think they already have... ;D

OBESE-KID-MCDONALDS.jpg

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Darryl_V link said:
[quote author=chief hill link=topic=4135.msg37531#msg37531 date=1359063889]

Too many people are quick to say that gun in the trunk was an Ar15 and from \"conspiracy theories\" are quick to judge.

a little intelligence and common sense from someone who loves guns......bravo.  What is wrong with stiffening up some regulation in the states, it serves us Canadians well.....but when common sense people say ban high capacity drums and mags like the 100 round one in that video or even universal back ground checks, the nuts hear ...WE ARE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS>
[/quote]

ok so maybe saying the gun in the trunk was the AR is probably going too far i agree.. but what im not getting is why you think us Canadians cannot own these sorts of guns and high caps magazines.  it takes 80 bucks and your good to go, you can buy fully automatic weapons high capacity clips, etc etc etc.. i do think that in canada anytime a gun under the "restricted" catagory is moved it has to be reported to police first.. I cant remember all the details, but maybe cheif hill can fill us in.

chief hill

Re: Re: Re: Do you think maybe things are getting a little carried away?

Duke link said:
[quote author=Darryl_V link=topic=4135.msg37541#msg37541 date=1359065367]
[quote author=chief hill link=topic=4135.msg37531#msg37531 date=1359063889]

[/quote]

ok so maybe saying the gun in the trunk was the AR is probably going too far i agree.. but what im not getting is why you think us Canadians cannot own these sorts of guns and high caps magazines.  it takes 80 bucks and your good to go, you can buy fully automatic weapons high capacity clips, etc etc etc.. i do think that in canada anytime a gun under the "restricted" catagory is moved it has to be reported to police first.. I cant remember all the details, but maybe cheif hill can fill us in.
[/quote]

In Canada restricted firearms can be moved anytime you want.  You have a silly paper called an ATT. Authorization to transport. The Att only permits you to take your restricted gun to an authorized range. We are limited to 5 round magazines in restricted rifles and 10 for pistols. Our laws are silly in Canada. You can only shoot restricted guns in a licensed range. I.e. .22 cal pistol cannot. Be shot on a farm in the middle of nowhere because it's restricted.  But a bolt action sniper rilfe that can shoot accurately up to over 1km away can be shot wherever you want. Like a farm.  Lol.
USA needs laws that work and make sense.  Our laws like mag capacity barrel lengths, Att permits and where you can shoot them do not. 

spyd

Super Active Member
This is my problem with guns... They fall into the wrong hands too easily. This just happened yesterday...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/bullet-fired-brampton-ont-home-kills-boy-9-213252809.html;_ylt=AtJl.MXZQSHMTyQ8jtyOYnYXssB_;_ylu=X3oDMTNsbDFrMGN1BG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBGUARwa2cDNDZmMGIwNGUtMDdmZS0zNzJjLTllNGUtMzJkNTVhNTdjZDczBHBvcwM3BHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyAzE2NjkwMzBmLTY2NmYtMTFlMi1iMjdmLTgxNjkxYWYyMjlkYg--;_ylg=X3oDMTJkZG42NjE4BGludGwDY2EEbGFuZwNlbi1jYQRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDaWJfc2t5c2NyYXBlcl9yZWxhdGVk;_ylv=3

I know a pile of hunters. I am ALL for them owning hunting guns and doing what they love. Pistols and assault rifles, on the other hand, serve NO purpose. These weapons are designed for one purpose only and that is to kill people. Seriously, why on Earth does anyone need to own an assault rifle??? If you want your jollies in shooting one, maybe they should only be owned by licensed gun ranges and not individuals themselves. High capacity weapons are designed to kill multiple people. No other reason whatsoever. The fact that they can be purchased without any background check is truly disturbing. The fact that people don't lock them away properly where their children can access them is also disturbing.

I realize car accidents kill more people. But there are also more cars on the road and deaths from car accidents are caused by just that.... accidents. Very few are caused by someone purposely trying to kill someone. Guns on the other hand... Unless it is from a stray bullet from a hunter or something, are COMPLETELY on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.