Duke duke duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Well here noobs are beat up too..... Haha no actually we have huge welcome threads :)

Well, one positive thing is anyone running a forum of their own can look at that massive failure and know what NOT to do :D

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Oh quit all your griping and get to updating your signatures with all your updated tank(s) information before I ban all of us.  :?

j/k

Honestly, that site makes no sense. Half the forums threads/posts are tank information in the signature all for one line of help.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Wow, I have been registered there for over a year with no posts and have never updated my profile information. It is my tank info from over a year ago not even complete. Maybe I shouldn't tell people that, I might get banned to.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
Wow, I have been registered there for over a year with no posts and have never updated my profile information. It is my tank info from over a year ago not even complete. Maybe I shouldn't tell people that, I might get banned to.

It's a pick and choose kinda system, aj doesn't even have a tank... So wait... No tank info.. He can't be a member right? It wasn't about the tank info either.. If he had a different opinion than myself he could have made a post himself.. .. Not edited mine into his. The kicker is all I was trying to do was help someone asking for it.. 500 views and no replies so I thought I was doing him a favor..lol I feel most sorry for anyone getting into the hobby who wants to get a tank but doesn't have one yet.. They can't join I guess? Lol

Giglio324

Being a noob myself basically, ap is terrible. During Christmas when I went to ricks to get frags I told him. Site is terrible I almost got banned for using a pic of a fish I didn't take myself. Stoopid. The frag tank is the best, I never miss a day of trying to be involved lol

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have been in this hobby for a very longtime, and struggled at the beginning. I have followed many forums, but it wasn't until the fragtank that things really started to flourish in my system. I can directly attribute this success to the fantastic local members and the culture of this forum. The Fragtank is where its at!

AQ Pros is driven by a self important owner that has a primary objective of keeping his sponsors happy and not the best interest of its members. The sad thing is that the only regulars on the site are the sponsors.
Besides the constant banning of members, the thing that puts me off is when he blasts newbies for asking questions. How can anyone be successful when newbies are discouraged to participate. 

::)

AdamS

Everyone has a boss, and in this case his boss is the sponsers, why are you not complaining to his sponsers about this?

Me personally, i dont care because this forum has everything i need.

But do we want many of those stores posting on this site? Thats not for me to decide.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
which is why i would rather (and will) donate to the owner of this site for the upkeep rather than have it run by sponsors.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've never signed at AP, but I wonder if we can vote to boot Duke off here too?

[sub]*grumble grumble bridgelux**grumble grumble GM grumble grumble ****[/sub]

;D

harleymike

Super Active Member
sorry, maybe i missed it. But whats is this guys user name.
I joined a while ago, and thaough it was alot of effort required too just join a forum.

I agree complain too the sponsors.

Mike

S

saltnureye

Poseidon link said:
which is why i would rather (and will) donate to the owner of this site for the upkeep rather than have it run by sponsors.

Valid point you bring up here and gave me the kick I need to make a small donation.  I  have already gotten so much from everyone here that its only fair I contribute..even if its a small donation. Having a site that is not influenced by revenue from sponsors is a win win and keeps us from going the way of AP.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
AdamS link said:
Everyone has a boss, and in this case his boss is the sponsers, why are you not complaining to his sponsers about this?

Me personally, i dont care because this forum has everything i need.

But do we want many of those stores posting on this site? Thats not for me to decide.

I don't mind if stores post, however everyone must realize that this is Rock's baby, and hey, if he had the chance to make money off it by using sponsors, who could fault him for that?  There is absolutely nothing keeping people from starting their own board if they don't agree with it (but seriously, who wants to listen to the complaints of reef hobbyists on a regular basis?  We're freaks!).

That said, I think that if stores/sponsors had any sway over this site, probably half of us would be banned from here already.    ;D

harleymike

Super Active Member
I have and will donate again.
I have recieved tons of information and help. Not too mention the differant deals on critters for my tanks from this site.

I figure i would blow 10 or 15 bucks a month on books, if i didnt  have this site too get info on.
Ya, would like too see it stay simple, but would not  leave if it was too grow. Its ricks site. He can do what ever he wants.
But remember rick, we know were you live...LOL

mike

S

saltnureye

As long as we are never FORCED to put our tank specs in our signature

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: Re: Duke duke duke

saltnureye link said:

The force is strong with this one Obi Wan. With force we will not make you. These are not the mods you are looking for.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Torx link said:
[quote author=saltnureye link=topic=4200.msg38408#msg38408 date=1359659821]

The force is strong with this one Obi Wan. With force we will not make you. These are not the mods you are looking for.

[/quote]

Put tank specs for a guppy tank in his sig and lock it :)

harleymike

Super Active Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=4200.msg38411#msg38411 date=1359660771]
[quote author=saltnureye link=topic=4200.msg38408#msg38408 date=1359659821]

[/quote]

Put tank specs for a guppy tank in his sig and lock it :)
[/quote]

Ya,,, do it...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.