First Frag Tank/Sump Build

C

copperkills

That first chalice is sick J!! Is that an orange rim too?  That one may make my LE short list :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
My return currently comes over the back of my tank. I will just glue a barb onto my existing plumbing.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
copperkills link said:
That first chalice is sick J!! Is that an orange rim too?  That one may make my LE short list :)

Yea it is pretty sweet looking. Will be interesting what it ends up colour wise. It looks like a bit of an orange rim... We shall see. Here's photo of it when I first got it.

py3a5y7y.jpg

spyd

Super Active Member
That Micromussa is awesome! i got a beauty of a piece from Darryl before. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep it alive. Not sure what to feed them. Maybe Cylopeeze or Reef Roids, etc. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have been broadcast feeding reef roids and also spot feeding fauna marine ricordea food to everything new to try and plump everything up. I have had this piece for around 2 months now.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I've got a piece from Darryl too.  Started to recede in my DT, but now it's in my frag tank and looks to be rebounding quit a bit.  I'm not feeding much of anything in the frag tank except fish food.  Odd little coral to be sure. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
I've got a piece from Darryl too.  Started to recede in my DT, but now it's in my frag tank and looks to be rebounding quit a bit.  I'm not feeding much of anything in the frag tank except fish food.  Odd little coral to be sure.

I have read they don't like a ton of light.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
unibob link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=2660.msg57105#msg57105 date=1375305549]

I have read they don't like a ton of light.
[/quote]

yeah lemme see if I can show where I have it, it's definitely in a dim spot, which is really hard to do in my DT, even in a shady area, it's still a lot of light.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
There it is in the gloom in the upper left.  Smaller than when I got it from Darryl, but now the 'eyes' have grown MUCH bigger, I think it's on the mend.  However, with its sensitivity to light, I can't see it being a big seller.  I would put it up in my top 10 "most difficult" corals.  I don't think Darryl had much luck with them either. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
There it is in the gloom in the upper left.  Smaller than when I got it from Darryl, but now the 'eyes' have grown MUCH bigger, I think it's on the mend.  However, with its sensitivity to light, I can't see it being a big seller.  I would put it up in my top 10 \"most difficult\" corals.  I don't think Darryl had much luck with them either.
The colony I have is around 8" long x 4" wide x 3" high of solid micro. I definitely think you would have better luck the larger the frags.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
teebone110 link said:
Nice Mystery Wrasse.. a personal favorite!

8)

Take care of him.

Thanks :) he's doing awesome. By far my most peaceful fish besides my banggai cardinal.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have all the equipment, just no tank yet. I will for sure post photos once I start.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
I have a 40 cube drilled...well, I have 6 of them lol

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 4

Lol. I'm not sure what will be next a 100+ gallon display or a 5-6 foot frag table.