Fish For Simple Setup

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Considering switching my daughter's cichlid tank to salt. It's a 55g, and would like to go sumpless with a hydor slim skim. Will just be fish with maybe a few lps and/or zoas. What are some hardy, no fuss fish i should consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I'm so used to seeing or hearing about a fish, then checking what it requires. I'm going backwards this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
I love my chromis and my pj cardinals. They have survived well and are easy to maintain. My firefish jumped out the day after I got them. They jumped up 3 inches to get through eggcrate and landed on the floor. Unfortunately I didn't find them until the next day. :(

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Was talking to my daughter about switching her tank over to salt. She's pretty excited about getting a "nemo". Being 4, of course she has to make things difficult and wants to choose what colour sand to use. Is there any sand that isn't white/tan/black that can be used? Haven't had much luck finding anything on the net.

Jewel

Orange Shoulder Tang? You'd be hard pressed to keep it in a 120 LOL Damsels are nice, I'd put a yellow Tang in a 55 infact when I started out in this hobby, I had a 55 with all sorts of Algea problems, You know the onset of a learning curve. Some one suggested a Yellow Tang and boy did that fish do a number on all that Algea.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Orange Shoulder Tang? You'd be hard pressed to keep it in a 120 LOL Damsels are nice, I'd put a yellow Tang in a 55 infact when I started out in this hobby, I had a 55 with all sorts of Algea problems, You know the onset of a learning curve. Some one suggested a Yellow Tang and boy did that fish do a number on all that Algea.
Yellow tangs have a reputation of being a$$holes too. Would like this to be a violence free tank.