Fish For Simple Setup

Jewel

Aggression is possible from any fish, like Eric said ad it last, they can be very beneficial and beautiful addition to a tank.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Ok, still having no luck finding coloured sand. Now i know you're not likely to encounter neon gravel in a reef, but my daughter is 4 and doesn't give a damn :) Is coloured gravel salt safe? Anyone ever tried?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Back to stocking. I got an awesome deal on a cube (20"x20"x18"), which is about 30g. Quite a bit smaller than the original 55g, but nicer. So perc clown, bta, 3 chromis, 2 pj cardinals, goby (not sure what kind yet), and cleaner wrasse are the planned inhabitants. I'm used to bigger tanks, is this stocking list too much for 30g?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I don't think it would be an issue, try to find a pair of clowns that are hosting one and you should be fine..
If i happen to stumble upon a mated pair with a nem I'd probably pick them up. But a single would be fine, maybe even preferred. The females can turn into real bitches when there are eggs to protect!

Jewel

An Anenome requires an established system for long term success, You can try it I guess, that's up to you. You may find that Clowns won't lay if there are predators in the tank, Clowns can be aggressive, It's in any fishes nature to protect their eggs. What type of lights will you be using?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
An Anenome requires an established system for long term success, You can try it I guess, that's up to you. You may find that Clowns won't lay if there are predators in the tank, Clowns can be aggressive, It's in any fishes nature to protect their eggs. What type of lights will you be using?
I don't think clowns really care who is in the tank. They just like makin babies! I had a bta in my old tank after it was only 2 months old. A few months later it was twice as big and split. Ended up trading them away. So i disagree with an established system being required. Not sure what lights i will be using.

heath

Distinguished Member
hey if you still have the bta and it splits again let me, I want first dibs..I agree, you don't need an established tank for a nem.. and for lights, I don't think that you need anything special,