Fish For Simple Setup

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Just when i think I've got this tank setup, i've run into another issue. I'm using a fluval cp4 powerhead. Finally found a spot which provides great flow and is fairly inconspicuous. Problem is it only has suction cups for mounting (no magnet), which means it's falling off every few days. Other than using silicone, how can i semi-permanently mount it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrHermit85

I hate powerheads with suction cups, I used them in the beginning and they would be fine for a few days/weeks and then when all seemed ok I would come home to a milky white tank with all the sand on one side lol.

Last edited:

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
So good news and bad news... Good news is I got these two big guys today. Each about the size of my pinky finger
f8fa1251a69d65576df7ffb002d90da5.jpg

Bad news is the smaller of the two black clowns died. Seemed perfectly fine when i fed them this morning. Went in to drip shrimp at about 3pm today and he was dead in the sand :(

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I think you need to step back and stop adding things to your tanks.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It just seems you have terrible luck with fish.

Are you still using tap water? How often are you doing water changes?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Still using tap. Started doing 30% water changes beginning of oct. Only started that thinking it would be nothing but beneficial. Starting to think that's not always so.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Have to tested your tap water? When was last water changed done? Do you add anything to tap water?

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
Haven't tested tap water. Changed water last weekend. Meant to mention water changes are every two weeks. Always add prime when topping up/changing water. Cichlid tank doing amazing (i know, apples and oranges).

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I do think you should test your water. Seems there may be an issue there. Any photos of tank currently?