Grettings!

Mauricio

Hello!

My name is Mauricio. I just started my first saltwater tank: an 8-gallon nano tank. After looking around for forums, I decided to join this site cause it seems pretty good. I live in Sedalia, MO, USA and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many saltwater aquarium hobbyists around here, so I'm doing all my research online. I have so far I have one maroon clownfish and 5 corals: some Zoads, Star Polyp, one I'm not sure if it is a birdsnest or stylophora, and the other two I'm not quite sure what they are (they told me they were easy to care for.)

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and learn more about this beautiful hobby as I am a newbie.

Mauricio

Hello!

My name is Mauricio. I just started my first saltwater tank: an 8-gallon nano tank. After looking around for forums, I decided to join this site cause it seems pretty good. I live in Sedalia, MO, USA and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too many saltwater aquarium hobbyists around here, so I'm doing all my research online. I have so far I have one maroon clownfish and 5 corals: some Zoads, Star Polyp, one I'm not sure if it is a birdsnest or stylophora, and the other two I'm not quite sure what they are (they told me they were easy to care for.)

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and learn more about this beautiful hobby as I am a newbie.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome to the forum. Do you have any photos of your setup? We love photos :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Welcome to the forum. Do you have any photos of your setup? We love photos :)

AdamS

Setup looks like a good start, what lights are you running on that? What model of tank is that?

Last time I was in Missouri I went to a Blues game, 4 tix, 4 hotdogs and 4 pops for $44.  I think a hotdog and a beer is about $60 at the leafs game, if you manage to somehow get tickets.

AdamS

Setup looks like a good start, what lights are you running on that? What model of tank is that?

Last time I was in Missouri I went to a Blues game, 4 tix, 4 hotdogs and 4 pops for $44.  I think a hotdog and a beer is about $60 at the leafs game, if you manage to somehow get tickets.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
AdamS link said:

yu can go to a detroit baseball game for 5 bucks    even basketball is 30 for 4 ppl with hotdog and pop each

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
AdamS link said:

yu can go to a detroit baseball game for 5 bucks    even basketball is 30 for 4 ppl with hotdog and pop each

AdamS

Petercar link said:
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=5616.msg53725#msg53725 date=1371253616]

[/quote]

+ whatever contents you leave in your car

AdamS

Petercar link said:
[quote author=AdamS link=topic=5616.msg53725#msg53725 date=1371253616]

[/quote]

+ whatever contents you leave in your car

Mauricio

Lol. Generally I go to soccer games.  $250 per ticket, but we get them for free because of my brother's work hehe. Free beer and food! It's awesome. As far as the tank, It is a Nuvo Nano 8. We also have a Nuvo Nano 16. I'm using the lights that came with it which are the Skkye Lights.

Here's all the specs:

8 Gallon Capacity
6 mm Bent Glass
Tempered Glass Lid & Clips
Acrylic Pedestal
Lighting:

8 Watt SkkyeLight LED Illumination
Discreet Power Cord Channel
Low Voltage Transformer
Independent Power Cords
Filtration:

Acrylic Filter Wall w/ Overflow
Media Basket
Mechanical Sponge
Activated Carbon Sponge
Phosphate Sponge
Flare Nozzle
Designated Heater Column

What do you guys think? Should I get other lights or are LEDs good lights?

Mauricio

Lol. Generally I go to soccer games.  $250 per ticket, but we get them for free because of my brother's work hehe. Free beer and food! It's awesome. As far as the tank, It is a Nuvo Nano 8. We also have a Nuvo Nano 16. I'm using the lights that came with it which are the Skkye Lights.

Here's all the specs:

8 Gallon Capacity
6 mm Bent Glass
Tempered Glass Lid & Clips
Acrylic Pedestal
Lighting:

8 Watt SkkyeLight LED Illumination
Discreet Power Cord Channel
Low Voltage Transformer
Independent Power Cords
Filtration:

Acrylic Filter Wall w/ Overflow
Media Basket
Mechanical Sponge
Activated Carbon Sponge
Phosphate Sponge
Flare Nozzle
Designated Heater Column

What do you guys think? Should I get other lights or are LEDs good lights?