Grettings!

MrHermit85

Welcome!!! Your setup looks great.

Salty Cracker link said:
Greetings from the land of ekimos and pie!

Lol that's the kind of response that led me to believe that canada was filled with only Mounties and beavers when I was younger.

MrHermit85

Salty Cracker link said:

Lol that's the kind of response that led me to believe that canada was filled with only Mounties and beavers when I was younger.

MrHermit85

Salty Cracker link said:

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
MrHermit85 link said:

[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5616.msg53723#msg53723 date=1371251477]

[/quote]

It is full of some of the best beaver in the world ;)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
MrHermit85 link said:

[/quote]

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
MrHermit85 link said:

[/quote]

AdamS

Mauricio link said:
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about maybe getting the colarlife T-5 mini http://www.coralifeproducts.com/product/hoods-light-fixtures/. Would this light be a good choice? Any other suggestions for light for a an 8 gallon nano tank? Ideally I'd like to have all sorts of corals (or whatever I can fit in my mini tank :p).

To attempt to keep all sorts of corals is asking for trouble. SPS in general prefers very clean water whie soft corals prefer a more nutrient rich environment. If you look at a successful reefs on here, reefcentral and advancedaqaurist, amoung other places, you will find that more often than not, ppl have predominately either hard corals or soft corals. Hard corals require more light.

My opinion is that you really need to research and plan what types of corals you want to have, and tailer your lighting to the needs of those corals. And equally important is to tailer your water conditions to those corals.

Good luck!

AdamS

Mauricio link said:
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about maybe getting the colarlife T-5 mini http://www.coralifeproducts.com/product/hoods-light-fixtures/. Would this light be a good choice? Any other suggestions for light for a an 8 gallon nano tank? Ideally I'd like to have all sorts of corals (or whatever I can fit in my mini tank :p).

To attempt to keep all sorts of corals is asking for trouble. SPS in general prefers very clean water whie soft corals prefer a more nutrient rich environment. If you look at a successful reefs on here, reefcentral and advancedaqaurist, amoung other places, you will find that more often than not, ppl have predominately either hard corals or soft corals. Hard corals require more light.

My opinion is that you really need to research and plan what types of corals you want to have, and tailer your lighting to the needs of those corals. And equally important is to tailer your water conditions to those corals.

Good luck!

AdamS

Mauricio link said:

Good luck!

Mauricio

Thanks for the info, AdamS. Would it be ok to mix LPS with softies? I've found online that they seem to have similar parameters. After reading a bit, I've come to realize that I'll probably have to wait for the SPSs since they seem to be for more advanced people. In fact, my Stylophora (or Birdsnest, not sure which) is kind of turning purpleish in one of the branches (necrosis, maybe?). I've found all sorts of varying opinions online and this is to be expected, but I'm interested on hearing what fellow reefers on here think.

Mauricio

Thanks for the info, AdamS. Would it be ok to mix LPS with softies? I've found online that they seem to have similar parameters. After reading a bit, I've come to realize that I'll probably have to wait for the SPSs since they seem to be for more advanced people. In fact, my Stylophora (or Birdsnest, not sure which) is kind of turning purpleish in one of the branches (necrosis, maybe?). I've found all sorts of varying opinions online and this is to be expected, but I'm interested on hearing what fellow reefers on here think.

Mauricio

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yes lps an softie tanks are quite common, but you can keep lps and sps in a tank together it just requires a lot more experience and finicky maintence/ feeding routines

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yes lps an softie tanks are quite common, but you can keep lps and sps in a tank together it just requires a lot more experience and finicky maintence/ feeding routines