Hockey Talk & Video Games Too.

pembro

Re: HOCKEY talk. (AKA Leaf bashing)

Salty Cracker link said:
Oh it's funny. 

I'm chatting with my leafer coworkers, who think the kadri deal is the shiznitz and that he will be the next tavarez or kane.  Again, they are totally discounting kessil, phaneuf, lupul etc, and putting all their bets on one pony.  Amazing. 

What's funny is I know too well the hope and desperation.  The \"oh maybe this guy will fix it\".  I honestly think that burke was the reason they even made the playoffs, but good ole leaf nation starts screaming for firings, and boom, there they go. 

One thing they have never done...they never ever build through the draft.  If they get a good player coming up the ranks, they trade him for a seasoned hopeful and a draft pick (that they trade for another doofus).  I heard they only kept kadri because they couldn't get anything for him, which is why he spent so much time on the farm.  They'd bring him up and prance him around for a game hoping for a taker, but nothing came, because he DOES have a major attitude problem, and unlike ovechkin, he won't have the all around skillz to back it up.  Plus, chara will just put him through the boards if he start lipping off again :)

I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to play on Toronto, it just ruins good players.  The scrutiny is insane, and a lot of the people bitching aren't even real hockey fans...the bankers and lawyers want to show their clients a win in their very expensive seats.  lol.

See your living in the past here. Aside from the kessel deal, Burke built through the draft. And it was his team that made the playoffs.  None of the real fans were calling for burkes head, we all knew it would take time. It was the Toronto media that did it. The Toronto media is horrible and the sun is a joke. Kadri is not the next Tavares, but if he gets 50+ points then he is worth every bit of that 2.9 he got paid. Take a look around the league at who makes 2.9 and you won't think the kadri deal is bad at all. And again the scrutiny comes from the media, you know those goofs cox and simmonds. Enjoy your bruins, because they are at their peak and in a couple years they will be wishing they didn't trade their #1c of the future. The leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league and are on the up. Oh and chara won't be getting kadri. He's to busy trying to catch phill the thrill.

pembro

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6258.msg60696#msg60696 date=1379091889]
It is because all the leaf fans are in La La land and are 100% delusional about their team.

No, actually we are well aware of what's going on and are still fans....
And even for the few that are in la la land, who cares? What business is it to you?

Ex leaf fans Sound like a bunch of sore losers ," we lost so screw our (old)  team we are gonna find one that's better, " ( just read that in an Eric cartman voice)

Loyalty isn't cheering for who ever is winning or whoever seems like their going to win, loyalty is picking a team or growing up with a team and sticking with them regardless how well or bad they do.

Not saying either of you are band wagon pansies, ( salty is borderline ;). )
But this league is full of people like that and they quite frankly can f**k right off.
[/quote]

+1.. I like this guy

theyangman

Distinguished Member

pembro link said:
The leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league and are on the up. Oh and chara won't be getting kadri. He's to busy trying to catch phill the thrill.

I'd bet that Kessel either gets:

1. A stupid contract that will torpedo the leafs future of building an all around team
2. He walks to another team during free agency cause he didn't get #1 from the leafs and found another sucker to give it to him.

pembro

theyangman link said:
[quote author=pembro link=topic=6258.msg60707#msg60707 date=1379095648]
The leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league and are on the up. Oh and chara won't be getting kadri. He's to busy trying to catch phill the thrill.

I'd bet that Kessel either gets:

1. A stupid contract that will torpedo the leafs future of building an all around team
2. He walks to another team during free agency cause he didn't get #1 from the leafs and found another sucker to give it to him.
[/quote]

Ok tell me what a stupid contract would be for  a sniper that is top 6 in the league in points?

theyangman

Distinguished Member

League max 8 years as a resigning player @ 6 mil+ per year. No movement clause. Or conditional movement only.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

pembro

theyangman link said:
League max 8 years as a resigning player @ 6 mil+ per year. No movement clause. Or conditional movement only.

Lol you need to give your head a shake. This guy is gonna get Cory perry money. Whether its the leafs or not.  You should check the salaries of some of the other players in the league.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6258.msg60696#msg60696 date=1379091889]
It is because all the leaf fans are in La La land and are 100% delusional about their team.

No, actually we are well aware of what's going on and are still fans....
And even for the few that are in la la land, who cares? What business is it to you?

Ex leaf fans Sound like a bunch of sore losers ," we lost so screw our (old)  team we are gonna find one that's better, " ( just read that in an Eric cartman voice)

Loyalty isn't cheering for who ever is winning or whoever seems like their going to win, loyalty is picking a team or growing up with a team and sticking with them regardless how well or bad they do.

Not saying either of you are band wagon pansies, ( salty is borderline ;). )
But this league is full of people like that and they quite frankly can f**k right off.
[/quote]

Now now, you sound like a defensive leaf fan ;)

I was a fan for 42 years.    That's FOUR decades (two more than you're been alive junior), and I gotta say, I do not see anything, at all that will make or fix that team.  Hey, I might be wrong, they might win the cup in the next 40 years, who knows, but as long as suits keep buying all the season tickets and the place keeps selling out win or lose (unlike the jaydome), they have absolutely no incentive to fix it, plus...to be honest, it was my absolute contempt for rogers and bell that was the nail in the coffin.  Look at how well they run their other teams

I like to consider myself a true hockey fan.  I learn about players, teams, cities, fans, etc, and love to watch a game even if my team isn't playing.  But be honest to me, when you watch the leafs, do you hear the little voice in the back of your head going "they're about to choke".  Yeah, put 20 more years on you and that voice is going to be screaming at you.  Sooner or later you will get tired of "maybe next year" and "it's a rebuilding year". 

I wouldn't mind rooting for an underdog team that really really is trying to win the cup, but toronto just isn't (and likely never will be) that team.  So it's not contempt of the team I have, it's contempt of the whole circumstance around the team.  I do hope them the best and will shake your hand if someday they win the cup, but to just follow them on principal and blind faith...not no mores.

Oh and wash your mouth out with soap.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

pembro link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6258.msg60689#msg60689 date=1379090054]
Oh it's funny. 

I'm chatting with my leafer coworkers, who think the kadri deal is the shiznitz and that he will be the next tavarez or kane.  Again, they are totally discounting kessil, phaneuf, lupul etc, and putting all their bets on one pony.  Amazing. 

What's funny is I know too well the hope and desperation.  The \"oh maybe this guy will fix it\".  I honestly think that burke was the reason they even made the playoffs, but good ole leaf nation starts screaming for firings, and boom, there they go. 

One thing they have never done...they never ever build through the draft.  If they get a good player coming up the ranks, they trade him for a seasoned hopeful and a draft pick (that they trade for another doofus).  I heard they only kept kadri because they couldn't get anything for him, which is why he spent so much time on the farm.  They'd bring him up and prance him around for a game hoping for a taker, but nothing came, because he DOES have a major attitude problem, and unlike ovechkin, he won't have the all around skillz to back it up.  Plus, chara will just put him through the boards if he start lipping off again :)

I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to play on Toronto, it just ruins good players.  The scrutiny is insane, and a lot of the people bitching aren't even real hockey fans...the bankers and lawyers want to show their clients a win in their very expensive seats.  lol.

See your living in the past here. Aside from the kessel deal, Burke built through the draft. And it was his team that made the playoffs.  None of the real fans were calling for burkes head, we all knew it would take time. It was the Toronto media that did it. The Toronto media is horrible and the sun is a joke. Kadri is not the next Tavares, but if he gets 50+ points then he is worth every bit of that 2.9 he got paid. Take a look around the league at who makes 2.9 and you won't think the kadri deal is bad at all. And again the scrutiny comes from the media, you know those goofs cox and simmonds. Enjoy your bruins, because they are at their peak and in a couple years they will be wishing they didn't trade their #1c of the future. The leafs are one of the youngest teams in the league and are on the up. Oh and chara won't be getting kadri. He's to busy trying to catch phill the thrill.
[/quote]

Actually yeah I'll agree to that part, when I say "calling for some firings" it definitely is driven by the media, but you have to admit a LOT of people believe and repeat what they're fed.  I think we're both in agreement that Burke was well on the way to fixing a lot that was wrong with the team, I was TOTALLY blown away when they canned him, it indeed was his team that made the playoffs, and he was (sorta) looking at the draft players.  He also wanted to build a much beefier team, which is tough to do from the draft sometimes.  I don't think he liked kadri at all.  The fight with him and Cherry likely wasn't one of his best moves either. 

Hey, I'm DEFINITELY no longer a fan, but man, if we can get some GOOD hockey out of Toronto this year with the new matchups, I'm all for it.  I LOVE close games, good battles, I hate hate hate blowouts and choking.  Some of the best games I have ever seen have ben west games, they're so friggin fast and intense.  I'm hoping for some of that this year, there's going to be all new rivalries this year (pens, bruins, leafs).  Throw detroit in the mix, and whooo hooo!

:)

pembro

Salty Cracker link said:
Heh you know the temperature outside is dropping when the temperature in here increases :)

Haha cheers to that

theyangman

Distinguished Member

I don't think Kessel is bad you're missing the point. He is a great player, but still shy of the elite level. He is behind Perry in every category when comparing the two from 07-08 and forward while they have both played the same amount of games. (Perry has 2 more GP than Kessel)

He does get a lot of hate press ever since he came into the league. Not sure why, he just seems too.

Odds on bet is that he walks though imo. He won't get enough to stay or it won't be long enough.

We can re-visit this in the spring and I can say I told you so as you guys wave goodbye to him (at which point most leaf fans will then turn and say "good riddance" instead of "he will be our future!" like you are saying today)

There is ONLY one reason why he is not talking contract right now with the leafs.

Money.

Absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt, he knows he is a UFA and he is going to exploit it. Even more so if he has a great year. He will milk the leaf nation for every dollar he can. Otherwise he would have already signed an extension with them and put to rest all this banter. Is he worth Perry money? Not really, but close, very close.

Perry is slated to get 7, 9, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7 over the next 8 years.

Like I said, no hate towards the guy, I'd love to see him don a Sharks Jersey, he is top 10 point producer for sure.

pembro

theyangman link said:
I don't think Kessel is bad you're missing the point. He is a great player, but still shy of the elite level. He is behind Perry in every category when comparing the two from 07-08 and forward while they have both played the same amount of games. (Perry has 2 more GP than Kessel)

He does get a lot of hate press ever since he came into the league. Not sure why, he just seems too.

Odds on bet is that he walks though imo. He won't get enough to stay or it won't be long enough.

We can re-visit this in the spring and I can say I told you so as you guys wave goodbye to him (at which point most leaf fans will then turn and say \"good riddance\" instead of \"he will be our future!\" like you are saying today)

There is ONLY one reason why he is not talking contract right now with the leafs.

Money.

Absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt, he knows he is a UFA and he is going to exploit it. Even more so if he has a great year. He will milk the leaf nation for every dollar he can. Otherwise he would have already signed an extension with them and put to rest all this banter. Is he worth Perry money? Not really, but close, very close.

Perry is slated to get 7, 9, 9, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7 over the next 8 years.

Like I said, no hate towards the guy, I'd love to see him don a Sharks Jersey, he is top 10 point producer for sure.

I guarantee you even if he goes to ufa he will get 7 years 8 mil no prob

theyangman

Distinguished Member

I'd agree. Someone will pay him big bucks to build a team around him.

theyangman

Distinguished Member

He is a solid 6-7 a year player. Not much more in my opinion but depends on his contract length.

reeffreak

Super Active Member

How about Kessel and his hitch move chopping at Scott then skating away and fighting a smaller guy lol .... What a cheap SOB ..

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Huh? Who is undefeated? Neither the Leafs or the Bruins are undefeated....

Leafs lost in shootout to the Flyers last week, and Boston lost to Detroit....

And don't give me that "OTL doesn't count" bullshit. Losing in shootout is still a loss, you just squeak out a point along the way as well is all.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

theyangman link said:

And don't give me that \"OTL doesn't count\" bullshit. Losing in shootout is still a loss, you just squeak out a point along the way as well is all.

I was making fun of leaf fans again.  In the -relgular- season they are undefeated so far.    THEY'RE MAKING A RUN FOR THE CUP!

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6258.msg61702#msg61702 date=1379974247]

And don't give me that \"OTL doesn't count\" bullshit. Losing in shootout is still a loss, you just squeak out a point along the way as well is all.

I was making fun of leaf fans again.  In the -relgular- season they are undefeated so far.    THEY'RE MAKING A RUN FOR THE CUP!

[/quote]

Oh, ha ha ha ha, ok. Makes sense. This will be an interesting season. What will happen this year?

Scenario 1: Leafs start off red hot and fizzle out only to miss the playoffs?

Scenario 2: Leafs start off crappy and turn it on near the end only to miss the playoffs (and screw their draft chances too boot)?

Scenario 3: Leafs win the cup by default as all many NHL teams are killed off in simultaneous plane crashes across North America in the same night, and others who aren't travelling are stricken with ebola and die in the following days?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

theyangman link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=6258.msg61703#msg61703 date=1379974374]
[quote author=theyangman link=topic=6258.msg61702#msg61702 date=1379974247]

[/quote]

Oh, ha ha ha ha, ok. Makes sense. This will be an interesting season. What will happen this year?

Scenario 1: Leafs start off red hot and fizzle out only to miss the playoffs?

Scenario 2: Leafs start off crappy and turn it on near the end only to miss the playoffs (and screw their draft chances too boot)?

Scenario 3: Leafs win the cup by default as all many NHL teams are killed off in simultaneous plane crashes across North America in the same night, and others who aren't travelling are stricken with ebola and die in the following days?
[/quote]

Even unchallenged they would choke and throw the game some how.