Hockey Talk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
To be honest with you, I have no idea how anyone stays in business in this hobby.  I mean, with cheap chinese products flooding the market (bubble magus for example), cheap bulk additives, basement fraggers, etc etc etc I just can't imagine how there's any profit in it for anyone.  I guess it's the guys with on-the-side maintenance contracts that can last in an ultra-competitive market like that.  I have 3 ex-nhl buddies and they have told me some stories of some of the tanks some of these guys get in their cribs, and since they're on the road for months at a time, they just fork out $$$$ per month to have someone watch over their wives tanks for them.  So there you go, get on the nhl/nba/nfl/mlb bandwagon and get yourself a sweet cushy contract!

Hey, little kadri will probably need a tank soon, he keeps jabbing at the big bruisers in the nhl and sooner or later, someone's going to be giving him some time off to watch a tank. lol.

Hey now, no need to make this personal and drag kadri into it. :mad:

But it is true, gotta be a tough business to survive in.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: moving topic

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4981.msg1#msg1 date=1364848926]
To be honest with you, I have no idea how anyone stays in business in this hobby.  I mean, with cheap chinese products flooding the market (bubble magus for example), cheap bulk additives, basement fraggers, etc etc etc I just can't imagine how there's any profit in it for anyone.  I guess it's the guys with on-the-side maintenance contracts that can last in an ultra-competitive market like that.  I have 3 ex-nhl buddies and they have told me some stories of some of the tanks some of these guys get in their cribs, and since they're on the road for months at a time, they just fork out $$$$ per month to have someone watch over their wives tanks for them.  So there you go, get on the nhl/nba/nfl/mlb bandwagon and get yourself a sweet cushy contract!

Hey, little kadri will probably need a tank soon, he keeps jabbing at the big bruisers in the nhl and sooner or later, someone's going to be giving him some time off to watch a tank. lol.

[/quote]

heh thought you might like that ;)

We watched the game the other night, his hat-trick night, and I even had the leaf fans in the room yelling "DEATH TO AMERICA" every time he scored.  If you can't do racial profiling while watching Canadian hockey, well when can you?  :) 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

reeffreak link said:
Oh ya almost forgot ... Kadri sucks !!! Go Pens !!

Pens will be unbeatable this year now that they did that weasel move and stole Iggy away from Boston.  Man, you would think that Crosby would get some kind of bad karma for pulling an underhanded move like that.  Oh, what's that?  You don't say!  Jaw?  Oh my, that's too bad....

;)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4981.msg46875#msg46875 date=1364849504]

[/quote]

We watched the game the other night, his hat-trick night, and I even had the leaf fans in the room yelling "DEATH TO AMERICA" every time he scored.  If you can't do racial profiling while watching Canadian hockey, well when can you?  :)
[/quote]

I watched the game with my brother who is a hard core sens fan... Man was he pissed.

Lupul is a better player than kadri though

reeffreak

Super Active Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=4981.msg46879#msg46879 date=1364850066]

Pens will be unbeatable this year now that they did that weasel move and stole Iggy away from Boston.  Man, you would think that Crosby would get some kind of bad karma for pulling an underhanded move like that.  Oh, what's that?  You don't say!  Jaw?  Oh my, that's too bad....

;)
[/quote]

Forget Crosby ... Did you see that 5 on 3 penalty kill for 5 minutes ? That team is stacked and Vokoun is on fire !!!! 15 straight with 3 straight shut outs. Crosby who !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4981.msg1#msg1 date=1364850093]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I watched the game with my brother who is a hard core sens fan... Man was he pissed.

[/quote]

True, but that's always the leaf way....hedge the bets on one or two players, it's never a team event.  In the sundin days they played 100x better when he was injured, but when he came back...they just passed the puck to him every time.  Just like they started doing now to the 'DYNAMIC DUO!!"  (oh man we laughed our asses off when they said that on Sat.  I've been e-mailing that to my leaf buddy all weekend.  Which one is robin?") :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4981.msg1#msg1 date=1364850203]
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=4981.msg46879#msg46879 date=1364850066]

;)
[/quote]

Forget Crosby ... Did you see that 5 on 3 penalty kill for 5 minutes ? That team is stacked and Vokoun is on fire !!!! 15 straight with 3 straight shut outs. Crosby who !
[/quote]

I still say it's a tinfoil hat thing.  Whenever Canadian teams (such as Boston ;)) start doing reall well in the standings, little napoleon bettman top loads one of his pet teams so they are a shoe-in for the cup.  I hate to admit it, but Pittsburg is 3-4 lines deep even without crosby, as you say.  If he comes back for the playoffs, they're absolute top contenders.  I'd put them over chicago at this point.  I'd love to see montreal and boston in a series though, it would be a bloodbath as all the teeny mimes canadien players get mowed down one by one.  Philly and montreal...most hated teams in the league.

What was this thread about again? lol. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Poseidon link=topic=4981.msg46882#msg46882 date=1364850258]
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4981.msg1#msg1 date=1364850093]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True, but that's always the leaf way....hedge the bets on one or two players, it's never a team event.  In the sundin days they played 100x better when he was injured, but when he came back...they just passed the puck to him every time.  Just like they started doing now to the 'DYNAMIC DUO!!"  (oh man we laughed our asses off when they said that on Sat.  I've been e-mailing that to my leaf buddy all weekend.  Which one is robin?") :)
[/quote]

HA!
U gonna tell me that it's a two man show when you have Kessel, Bozack, Mclemment , Phaneuf , ...... I could go on....
There a solid young team that did just fine when Lupul was out.

We'll see what happens when the playoffs come around. :)

But let's not get this thread off track...

reeffreak

Super Active Member

Pens are Canadian team too 15 Canadian 3 Americans and 2 Czech lol.

What happened to this thread lmao I seen bullshit in the title and talking leafs. Not a coincidence.

reeffreak

Super Active Member

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=4981.msg46884#msg46884 date=1364850428]
Oh almost forgot to mention Cooke, dupuis, Kunitz, Malkin .. All on fire !

morrow?
[/quote]

And morrow and sutter . Like I said the team is stacked !!

reeffreak

Super Active Member

If mods would move the hockey talk to the lounge thread I just started that would be awesome.

I apologize for hijacking this thread. Sorry