Hockey Talk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Now now kids, no need getting in a back and forth :)
Just let the teams do the talking,

Hitting is a significant part of hockey though, and while it's nice to see a guy hot dog through 4 players it's even nicer to see him get laid out on his ass for not passing.

Pittsburg is stacked, no denying it, but you just won the cup a year or two ago... Hockey gods won't let that happen again so don't get your hopes up :)

And the main reason I dislike Boston so  much is because their announcers are the dumbest imbeciles in the league... I face palmed so much during the one game ......  I think their home games should be broadcasted on Comedy Central.,. Bunch of morons

..... No offense or anything glen :D 

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I hate all America announcers !! They're a bunch of clowns.

Idk who your referring to when you say hot dogging around, if you mean crosby, take a look at his assist points and take a look at the point his line mates have, speaks volume on how much of a team player he is.

Damn never seen so many Canadians hate on a Canadian all star, he is one of our own lol

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
Now now kids, no need getting in a back and forth :)
Just let the teams do the talking,

Hitting is a significant part of hockey though, and while it's nice to see a guy hot dog through 4 players it's even nicer to see him get laid out on his ass for not passing.

Pittsburg is stacked, no denying it, but you just won the cup a year or two ago... Hockey gods won't let that happen again so don't get your hopes up :)

And the main reason I dislike Boston so  much is because their announcers are the dumbest imbeciles in the league... I face palmed so much during the one game ......  I think their home games should be broadcasted on Comedy Central.,. Bunch of morons

..... No offense or anything glen :D

actually....it's very true.  I don't think I've done it this year (maybe they removed the option) but I used to be able to get both feeds for american games.  It WAS comical.  You could watch Boston play the blues, and the boston announcers were watching a totally different game than the blues' announcers.  It was like FOX and CNN at the same war.  There's 2 things about american games: 1) Their arenas play WAY better music between plays, and 2) The announcers are more or less just football announcers.  They can't even follow the play. 

That said...how many times can you hear HOOOOLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE MACKINAW!!!!!! just because the leafs -almost- scored a goal?    ;D

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Haha ya, but no one denies our home announcers are killer...

It cracked me up, the Boston guy was like, ...." CHARA TAKES AN AMAZING SHOT!!!! LOOK AT THAT ROCKET!!  ... And it goes wide...."

That one got 3 or 4 face palms alone hahaha

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
I hate all America announcers !! They're a bunch of clowns.

Idk who your referring to when you say hot dogging around, if you mean crosby, take a look at his assist points and take a look at the point his line mates have, speaks volume on how much of a team player he is.

Damn never seen so many Canadians hate on a Canadian all star, he is one of our own lol

Crosby got a REAL bad name for himself early on, whining to the officials over every play that didn't go his way.  We used to make a big game of it...seeing if you could spot cindy over crying to the linesman after every whistle.  I think he's come a long way.

For hot dogging....nobody can touch douchebag ovechkin.   

For hating on a canadian player....that award would go to zak rinaldo.  I honest and truly hope a truck runs him over some day.  He's almost as bad as Avery, in fact, maybe worse.  It's a shame that Canada puts out so many talented, but flawed and whiny players. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
Haha ya, but no one denies our home announcers are killer...

It cracked me up, the Boston guy was like, ....\" CHARA TAKES AN AMAZING SHOT!!!! LOOK AT THAT ROCKET!!  ... And it goes wide....\"

That one got 3 or 4 face palms alone hahaha

HOLY MACKINAW KADRI TAKES AN AMAZING PASS FROM THE OTHER HALF OF THE DYNAMIC DUO!!!! 

for the record, since Chara holds the title for fastest shot, ever shot is a rocket ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I do have to admit...my IDEAL idea of watching hockey, is an old couch in the basement room with dark wood paneling and DEEP shag carpet.  Stubby beer bottles on an old dark wood coffee table (complete with ashtray, and I don't smoke!).  Watching an a SWEET 20" COLOUR tv in a big ass dedicated cabinet.  Molson golden anyone?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Big_Als_London link said:
Jagr is going to Boston. Looks like you are getting one half of the whining duo that used to patrol in Pittsburgh.

Is it confirmed?  I also heard it might be montreal getting him.

Not as good as getting iggy.  Jagr is what, 103?

I see that kipprusoff is talking to the laffs.  Man, that's where good goalies go to die. 

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Big_Als_London link=topic=4986.msg47003#msg47003 date=1364925444]
Jagr is going to Boston. Looks like you are getting one half of the whining duo that used to patrol in Pittsburgh.

Is it confirmed?  I also heard it might be montreal getting him.

Not as good as getting iggy.  Jagr is what, 103?

I see that kipprusoff is talking to the laffs.  Man, that's where good goalies go to die.
[/quote]I believe it is now. They are give up lane McDermid and some other kid named Cory Payne. I think maybe a draft pick too.

Also the leads are dumb if they go for kipper. They have 2 young goalies playing above their worth so they should ride that wave as long as they can.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Ya it's confirmed.... Boston got jagr.

And no leafs aren't getting another goalie... It's all just rumors.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Yup, huge rumour.... Given permission to talk to..... Pffff  there was a huge rumour they were getting Louogo  ?

But dumber things have happened I guess.... They need to focus on building the team, Reimer and Scrivens do just that, you get a veteran goalie ur just making a cup attempt that expires in a couple years and then you have to start all over again...

But like I said, dumber things have happened....

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=4986.msg47004#msg47004 date=1364927064]
Lol so much hate on the burgh, see what happens when your the best everyone hates ya.

I don't know if that logic holds true...I mean we all hate you....  ;D
[/quote]

Your so jealous of me Glenn and my hockey team ;) we need some beers again man. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4986.msg1#msg1 date=1364927819]
[quote author=reeffreak link=topic=4986.msg47004#msg47004 date=1364927064]
Lol so much hate on the burgh, see what happens when your the best everyone hates ya.

I don't know if that logic holds true...I mean we all hate you....  ;D
[/quote]

Your so jealous of me Glenn and my hockey team ;) we need some beers again man.
[/quote]

i dont think ive ever watched a hockey game without a beer lol

and to be honest : to each his own, you like the pens, like leafs, glenn likes boston  :eek:
and maybe even someone likes Phoenix, (i doubt it) but no amount of arguing whose better is going to change
who likes which team... lol

One thing that bugs me is that before pittsburgh started playing decent hockey a bunch of years ago, they had nil for fans...
when they start winning then band wagon fans jump in and worship them....
(not saying u are pat, just sayin in general :)  )

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I'm not arguing, I'm having some fun with this hockey talk. Glenn knows it not serious. I take a jab at your team and you do mine , it's all in good fun.

Your right pens had no fans but they collected up some good players to give the fans a reason to watch. I've been a pens fan for some years now and I'm just getting back into watching hockey like crazy and keeping eye on stats.

Again I don't know why you think we're argueing this is hockey talk, share your opinions. Not like I hate who you are cause your hockey team. I'm glad there is a nice range of people who like different teams. Come join the band wagon Poiseden, you will have the cup at the end of the season .. FACT ! Go Burgh lol