Hockey Talk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
He must be lonely now.  His girlfriend has a broken jaw, he jerked around his real fans by slinking away in the night, and he pissed off the boston brass.  Bad karma, bad mojo all around. 

Still, they have a shot at it.  So does chicago, however some of these teams do great in the reg season, then choke in the playoffs so you never know.  What is there, 14 games left or something? 

Too bad no matter what, this year does't really count, I mean when the leafs make the playoffs, you know something is out of kilter with hockey lol. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
He must be lonely now.  His girlfriend has a broken jaw, he jerked around his real fans by slinking away in the night, and he pissed off the boston brass.  Bad karma, bad mojo all around. 

Still, they have a shot at it.  So does chicago, however some of these teams do great in the reg season, then choke in the playoffs so you never know.  What is there, 14 games left or something? 

Too bad no matter what, this year does't really count, I mean when the leafs make the playoffs, you know something is out of kilter with hockey lol.

Pffff, it's fair all around, everyone plays the same number of games in the same amount of time, i don't want to hear a damn thing about " this season not counting " ....

That sounds like someone not counting on their own team winning ....;)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Penguins do good in regular season and in playoffs, stats prove that. Three years in a row with a win streak over ten , odds are always good there in deep playoffs.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
reeffreak link said:
Penguins do good in regular season and in playoffs, stats prove that. Three years in a row with a win streak over ten , odds are always good there in deep playoffs.

Can't wait for the grenade to be tossed into their change room in the off season!!!! They can't afford the team for long!

And I am glad that Crosby got the bitch slap he deserved!!!! LOL

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4986.msg1#msg1 date=1364854707]

Pffff, it's fair all around, everyone plays the same number of games in the same amount of time, i don't want to hear a damn thing about " this season not counting " ....

That sounds like someone not counting on their own team winning ....;)
[/quote]

Heh, that's sort of been a 'given' this year. Half a season, doesn't count.  :)

Now I'd be in favour of a shorter season if they cut 5-10 teams out of the league.  Basically bettman's babies.  Go back to 20 core teams.  Give markham one of those teams, and send another one to quebec for the stinky french.  Markham could be a true fan team, not a bankers only team.  Give Toronto some real competition for fan's money and see them possibly return to their former glory. 

I do look forward to a full season next year, with the new divisions.  Be glad to see more redwings games.  Make it a true east-west rivalry, or as close as they can get.  :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:

malkin stepped up last year, cindy is a fragile little buttercup :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lol this team proved there self time and time again without Crosby. Iginla is only there for a year thats known. They have great up and comers one player specifically who is local is Jeffery's.

If they win the cup they can afford this team all day long, penguins are a hot franchise every non penguin fan knows it and any other team would trade everything they got for  Crosby. He's the poster boy of the NHL !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
Lol this team proved there self time and time again without Crosby. Iginla is only there for a year thats known. They have great up and comers one player specifically who is local is Jeffery's.

If they win the cup they can afford this team all day long, penguins are a hot franchise every non penguin fan knows it and any other team would trade everything they got for  Crosby. He's the poster boy of the NHL !

Actually all joking aside... not a lot of fans of any of the upper tier teams would be happy to get crosby.  He would cost a FORTUNE (cash, players, picks, souls), and he is, you must admit, prone to accidents (I'm not saying the last accident was his fault, but it is what it is).  I wouldn't give up lucic, chara and bergeron for a player that might be out for the next 3 years on any play.  What was he doing blocking shots on net anyway?

An awesome team like THE ISLANDERS would love to get him.  Trade away tavarres and 12 other players and 15 future draft picks, why not.  :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I don't think they care what the fans think about them . At 8.7 mill a season I would think he could  care less what the fans think lol and when the franchise does well I'm sure they won't be concerned to much either.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
I don't think they care what the fans think about them . At 8.7 mill a season I would think he could  care less what the fans think lol and when the franchise does well I'm sure they won't be concerned to much either.

To make it work, you need the top 3 lines in the trade.  Just getting crosby would be a death knell for some teams, like for example toronto, if they (as they tend to do) put all their bets and money on a star player, and trade away good assets... and the star player crashed and burns, they are out of playoff contention for 5-6 years.  You would basically need to re-brand most of pittsburg's top players.  Like detroit a couple years back, you couldn't just pull out one player, it was a team effort. 

To be honest, I just can't stand lemieux.  Man that guy whined about everything.  Crosby was the poster child for whining a few years back, he's matured quite a bit, but mario never did.  It makes it hard to be happy for pittsburg for me :)

I just like Boston.  They grind away at the competition.  Usually they put on a good show.  They've been a bit slack lately, but a bit slack for Boston is still better than 80% of the other team's good days.  I'm definitely glad it wasn't a Boston puck that took out Crosby, man the accusations would be flying!!!!

***my kid likes Pittsburg, but I figure it's because he's young and doesn't know any better lol.  That said, I'll never influence him to love one team or another, you gotta do what you gotta do.  Could be worse, could be the habs or philly. 

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lol put Crosby on line with half decent players and he's going to make the whole line shine !!

I thought we were talking hockey, not ripping on crosby ?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
Lol put Crosby on line with half decent players and he's going to make the whole line shine !!

I thought we were talking hockey, not ripping on crosby ?

Pfft, when they take 1st place, they are going to get flak.  Don't whine, that's mario's job.  ;)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
Who's watching the pens go for 16 tonight ?
I might, who knows, it's been a while since I've had a head injury, I'm due.

Oh no, wait, I think I'm going to watch a fun game instead.  :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Ya of the other teams has enough skill to hit them with it, if they can't hit the net what makes ya think they can hit a moving player. Lol