Hockey Talk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
Well... That sucks for Boston fans :)
Kind of a familiar situation, had the game with a few min left and then lose it ... Karma, what goes around comes around :D

Ah, it's ok glen, next year we will face you again leaf to bruin and we can go at it all over again ;)

Speaking as someone who, as a hockey fan for 44 years...has NEVER ONCE seen his team in the finals, I can say it was exhilarating.  I've never experienced anything like it.  I mean the loss sucked balls, and I hate kane with the burning fire of a 5 inch hemorrhoid, but it was the most I have enjoyed the post season EVER .  I mean every year you sort of default to what team you want to sort of root for, and well 'yay' if they win.  I honestly hope that leaf fans get the experience someday.  I won't root for them no matter what, even if they ended up playing philly in the finals... I now know what I was missing, and I can't help blame the leafs for keeping me from the experience for my ENTIRE LIFE. 

Roller coaster.  At least the leaf pain was over for you guys weeks ago.    Pat is likely still smarting, but wow, I want to go shoot a dolphin IN THE FACE!  Yes that's right, a cute cuddly dolphin!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
Well... That sucks for Boston fans :)
Kind of a familiar situation, had the game with a few min left and then lose it ... Karma, what goes around comes around :D

Ah, it's ok glen, next year we will face you again leaf to bruin and we can go at it all over again ;)

Speaking as someone who, as a hockey fan for 44 years...has NEVER ONCE seen his team in the finals, I can say it was exhilarating.  I've never experienced anything like it.  I mean the loss sucked balls, and I hate kane with the burning fire of a 5 inch hemorrhoid, but it was the most I have enjoyed the post season EVER .  I mean every year you sort of default to what team you want to sort of root for, and well 'yay' if they win.  I honestly hope that leaf fans get the experience someday.  I won't root for them no matter what, even if they ended up playing philly in the finals... I now know what I was missing, and I can't help blame the leafs for keeping me from the experience for my ENTIRE LIFE. 

Roller coaster.  At least the leaf pain was over for you guys weeks ago.    Pat is likely still smarting, but wow, I want to go shoot a dolphin IN THE FACE!  Yes that's right, a cute cuddly dolphin!

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Glenn I will say this .. I have become a fan of Tukka Rask and Lucic, I love his style of play. That  big nose Beregron is a donkey, hate that guy !

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Glenn I will say this .. I have become a fan of Tukka Rask and Lucic, I love his style of play. That  big nose Beregron is a donkey, hate that guy !

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:

I think you mean marchand.  Bergeron is probably one of the most skilled players in the entire league.  The now disclosed list of injuries:

Bergeron - broken rib, torn cartilage/muscles, separated shoulder
Hossa - disk issue in his back (said it caused him to lose feeling in his leg)
Horton - dislocated shoulder
Handzus - broken wrist, torn MCL
Kane - alcohol poisoning, egomanicaism, gross stupididty
Shaw - broken face (birth defect)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:

I think you mean marchand.  Bergeron is probably one of the most skilled players in the entire league.  The now disclosed list of injuries:

Bergeron - broken rib, torn cartilage/muscles, separated shoulder
Hossa - disk issue in his back (said it caused him to lose feeling in his leg)
Horton - dislocated shoulder
Handzus - broken wrist, torn MCL
Kane - alcohol poisoning, egomanicaism, gross stupididty
Shaw - broken face (birth defect)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
No, actually the Bruins gave kudos to the blackhawks, and the injuries were just released by the league.  Even the fans in Boston last night were fairly well mannered about everything, they knew they just straight up lost, no riots, crying or anything.  Pretty classy and yet another reason I love that team and their fans. 

Marchand....he's someone you hate, but love to have him on your team :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
No, actually the Bruins gave kudos to the blackhawks, and the injuries were just released by the league.  Even the fans in Boston last night were fairly well mannered about everything, they knew they just straight up lost, no riots, crying or anything.  Pretty classy and yet another reason I love that team and their fans. 

Marchand....he's someone you hate, but love to have him on your team :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
I'm not so sure the Boston fans were \"classy\", booing the hawks as they received the cup is not classy, that's poor sportsmanship.

Check again, they were booing bettman for presenting the cup.  They started the minute he came out, and it's the same every year, no matter what city it's presented in.

That said, I sure as hell wasn't cheering for the hawks after the win, I mean good for them, but now fuck off and get the hell out of boston :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:
I'm not so sure the Boston fans were \"classy\", booing the hawks as they received the cup is not classy, that's poor sportsmanship.

Check again, they were booing bettman for presenting the cup.  They started the minute he came out, and it's the same every year, no matter what city it's presented in.

That said, I sure as hell wasn't cheering for the hawks after the win, I mean good for them, but now fuck off and get the hell out of boston :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lmao now that's class Glenn ! It's the point of being there and watching the cup be presented to the winning team. Not many fans ever get that chance so what I say to those whining fans is,  man up and live with the fact they you're team didn't win it and enjoy the moment of being part of something like that.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Lmao now that's class Glenn ! It's the point of being there and watching the cup be presented to the winning team. Not many fans ever get that chance so what I say to those whining fans is,  man up and live with the fact they you're team didn't win it and enjoy the moment of being part of something like that.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:

Honestly, I wouldn't have been cheering if I had been there.  I would never boo (I'm not a montreal fan), but I wouldn't have boooooed.  I would stay for the presentation, then head home, don't need to see kane's head get any bigger :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
reeffreak link said:

Honestly, I wouldn't have been cheering if I had been there.  I would never boo (I'm not a montreal fan), but I wouldn't have boooooed.  I would stay for the presentation, then head home, don't need to see kane's head get any bigger :)