Huge Risk On $500 Jb

Kman

Super Active Member
I am sure they are sensitive to bacterial infections. If you factor in slow growth rate and sensitive to infections that is a bad combo for fragging.

I myself to cut down on this causing problems during fragging would sterilize after each cut with a flame or alcohol and I would only cut halfway through the mushroom and after dip in something like lugol's solution. This should cause it to split naturally at its own rate. If you use the mesh option I mentioned above you would be able to increase water flow on the mushroom but keep it in place. This would cut down on bacterial infections due to the increased water flow, up respiration and gas exchange and allow more food to get to the mushroom increasing the rate of healing and reducing the risk of bacterial infections.

@Kevin at least you didn't loose it all and you can chock it up to a learning experience. :)

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I was reading though this thread and it seem I didn’t have a conclusion. I lost it all, part of it is because of my care. I should have net it down so it stay in one spot. Although I kept it in a container, it still got blown around. Secondly I did to many cut lol

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Lesson learn and propagation of this high end corals can be done. Here is prove of my Orange Crush Jaw Breaker, one cut in the meddle and now I have two. It all healed and it is growing
D21B091D-073A-4728-9F59-37CA11D9E8B3.jpeg
39173D0D-5425-497E-A834-72EBEAACA375.jpeg

Last edited: