I GIVE UP !!!

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I GIVE UP !!!

tdb320reef link said:
Your likely to do more damage with continual dipping in revive or coral rx.  Head over to the states and pick up Bayer Advanced Pesticide - It is less harsh on corals and will kill those *)(&(*& as soon as it hits the water.  I accidently left a coral in a 5 g bucket all night and found it the next morning and it is still with me today.

In addition to the Menelaus add a yellow coris and six line.

Had a six line he wasn't friendly so out he went I do use Bayer for dips, I found exactly what you said happens with the coral RX it's way to much on the coral killed my stag luckily I have 2 other frags and never use the coral rx anymore, last quarter of the bottle went straight to the garbage.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have found that you can put a frag in a bucket of tank water and a heavy concentration of interceptor (with a heater and small powerhead),  for 12 hours, then dip in coralRX (never tried bayer), then rinse in tank water and then in the tank.  CoralRX for sure doesn't kill red bugs, and a short dip in interceptor doesn't do anything either.  A long interceptor bath kills snails and pods so I'm sure it would take out flatowrms, and the second dip would get everything left over. 

the vet runs out of interceptor in teh summer sometimes so I got mine now.  Unfortunately it expires. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Petercar is getting me 2 bottles of the Bayer. I've never used coral rx as I was told it is too harsh, and revive is better. Can't say I have lost a coral to dipping, I did 6 capfuls in 1 gallon of tank water for 20 min my last dip. Instructions say 4 capful for 1 gallon 15min.

I was doing all sps in tank and wanted to make sure if there were aefw that I would hit them hard.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
I GIVE UP !!!

Salty Cracker link said:
I have found that you can put a frag in a bucket of tank water and a heavy concentration of interceptor (with a heater and small powerhead),  for 12 hours, then dip in coralRX (never tried bayer), then rinse in tank water and then in the tank.  CoralRX for sure doesn't kill red bugs, and a short dip in interceptor doesn't do anything either.  A long interceptor bath kills snails and pods so I'm sure it would take out flatowrms, and the second dip would get everything left over. 

the vet runs out of interceptor in teh summer sometimes so I got mine now.  Unfortunately it expires.

Interceptor will not kill flatworms . I dosed my whole tank with it and the next day found flatworms also having to get a 20$ pill becomes very expensive and your lucky to even be able to get interceptor cause most vets won't give it out unless u have a dog and they r your vet. Also interceptor does not kill snails. It does kill pods tho. Its not how much of the pill that used with interceptor it's the amount of time it's left do to its thing. You could use a whole pill and it would do the same as half the pill. Interceptor is pretty much only good for red bugs

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: I GIVE UP !!!

reeffreak link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4619.msg1#msg1 date=1363125588]

Interceptor will not kill flatworms . I dosed my whole tank with it and the next day found flatworms also having to get a 20$ pill becomes very expensive and your lucky to even be able to get interceptor cause most vets won't give it out unless u have a dog and they r your vet. Also interceptor does not kill snails. It does kill pods tho. Its not how much of the pill that used with interceptor it's the amount of time it's left do to its thing. You could use a whole pill and it would do the same as half the pill. Interceptor is pretty much only good for red bugs
[/quote]

gotta tell you, in the pail it left 20 small snails dead on the bottom of the bucket.  I used it in the tank before and it didn't kill snails that I could tell.  Just saying that 1/4 pill for 150gal can't be the same as 1/4 pill for 5 gallon.  Coral frags were totally unaffected however.  I should have taken a pic the last time I did it.  Amazing how many hitchhikers come on frags. 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
unibob link said:
Petercar is getting me 2 bottles of the Bayer. I've never used coral rx as I was told it is too harsh, and revive is better. Can't say I have lost a coral to dipping, I did 6 capfuls in 1 gallon of tank water for 20 min my last dip. Instructions say 4 capful for 1 gallon 15min.

I was doing all sps in tank and wanted to make sure if there were aefw that I would hit them hard.
got them sitting here waiting or there new home

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Anyone here sell the bayer stuff?

I don't know if coralRX is too harsh..it smells like pure chemical, but I've perked corals up by giving them a brief dip, I think there's good stuff in it for the coral.  ??

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
Anyone here sell the bayer stuff?

I don't know if coralRX is too harsh..it smells like pure chemical, but I've perked corals up by giving them a brief dip, I think there's good stuff in it for the coral.  ??
ypu get the bayer at home depot or lowes in port huron

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Oh I have no doubt there was die off any type crustceans they will all die !!! lol I have a cleaner shrimp, mini brittle stars and all my snails still alive after 2 doses of interceptor at 300 mg for 100 gallons. Killed off 90% pod population and the huge amount fo hermits I had which was like 6 or something. I hate hermits lol. But I am pretty sure I read that flatworms are not crustaceans. Even all my baby stomellas are alive and well.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
if you want to guine pig some levamisole hydrochloride .. I have some :)

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What sort of algae is this product supposed to eradicate? If there is something that will eradicate bubble algae...I want it :)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I GIVE UP !!!

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=unibob link=topic=4619.msg44868#msg44868 date=1363378258]
What sort of algae is this product supposed to eradicate? If there is something that will eradicate bubble algae...I want it :)

There is, it's called hard work.  ;)
[/quote]

I honestly think I have it off everything, and it just comes back. I will be setting up a new display so would love to keep it bubble algae free if I can.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

unibob link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4619.msg1#msg1 date=1363378954]
[quote author=unibob link=topic=4619.msg44868#msg44868 date=1363378258]

There is, it's called hard work.  ;)
[/quote]

I honestly think I have it off everything, and it just comes back. I will be setting up a new display so would love to keep it bubble algae free if I can.
[/quote]

I found it on my overflows, but not a speck in my dt.  So it's either one of the fish, the hermits or maybe the gazillion snails and tiny serpent stars in there...

Tell people they're pearls

P

phi delt reefer

nothing's gonna kill bubble algae...

I now have 4 emerald crabs in my tank and am hoping to find a baby naso tang soon to just keep it under control. I just got my uniseals from BRS so I'll plumb a dark zone to my sump and just keep it in a dark buck for a few months