In Wall 20 Gallon Tall Nano Tank

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well it's been about 3 months now since I had some snails die in my rock work, no crabs could get to them I guess, so... I picked the rocks apart to find the snail shells, then put the rock work back together, and BAM!!! Wouldn't you know it, one week later GHA, and what a outbreak!!!!,,well I'm glad to say with hard work and vigourous tank cleaning its 99.999% gone.. There's one tiny tuff in my colour shifter palys other than that all gone!!!!,, finally,, yay me, I so happy :) :)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
image.jpg

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
An assortment of SPS
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Zoa'S -
Lady in pinks
image.jpg
Rastas
image.jpg
Candy apple pinks
image.jpg
Xmen palys
image.jpg
Egg yolks
image.jpg

Armagedon
image.jpg
Witches Brew
image.jpg
Aswell as super saiyan zoa'S not shown ...

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Why yes! Yes you do:), been waiting awhile for them, made a payment awhile back, just couldn't get them here till now, a little tank shocked though, and from Kevin switching his lights,also going from Kevin's to unibobs to my tank, in 2 days, but all but one has decent polyp extension not sure what it is, it's my favourite out of all my new frags, doesn't seem to be melting or bleaching just kinda siting there, but I'm happy and I don't mind watching them colour back up:):), I can never get enough zoos&palys though, by far my favourite , so deadly, yet so beautiful... I love this hobby:),, I can't wait till the new tank is done cycling and stable,, pics and a thread of that soon to come:)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
There are also some salty cracker frags aswell, a big thx to him aswell all his frags are keeping there colour nicely and encrusting well, especially the branching cyphastrea, it's supposed to be a slow grower but Ive saw atleast a 1/8 to 1/4 in encrusting in 2 weeks, and it was a fresh frag, yay!!! :)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
I figured that to, little to much stress for them, good news though I've got few polyps on the tricolour trying to poke out, it's trying, also changed out a bulb to ATI, wow the colour is amazing already, three more bulbs, three more weeks, can't wait till I'm running only ATI's, thx (Unibob) :). I'm gonna have to make it back out to your place for a mushroom since I forgot to grab one when I was there,:p. Also maybe some really really nice tonga branches for that Octo-tank I was talking about;)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I figured that to, little to much stress for them, good news though I've got few polyps on the tricolour trying to poke out, it's trying, also changed out a bulb to ATI, wow the colour is amazing already, three more bulbs, three more weeks, can't wait till I'm running only ATI's, thx (Unibob) :). I'm gonna have to make it back out to your place for a mushroom since I forgot to grab one when I was there,:p. Also maybe some really really nice tonga branches for that Octo-tank I was talking about;)

Nothing better then some ATI love :) I hope to post some photos of everything I have instock frag wise soon. I will also be bringing in some more rock, so will be sure to add some branches as that octopus tank you were talking about sounds splendiful. I can order you an ocotopus when your ready too ;)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Ya that tank won't be till the spring or so, once I can con the wife into getting a octopus, which looks like a spider, which she is deathly afraid of :0. I'm also going to need to get a acrylic lid made so he can't get out, might have to get JT to make some sort of contraption for me, tanks almost 6' long and vary narrow 8.5" to be precise :0 2' tall, might need to get two a male and female, probably get Octopus mercatoris.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well a little tank update, everything's doing good, really good actually, some new lights and a little more coral feedings, plus a little tlc has really perked the tank up, all the new sps additions are thriving and waiting for there new home in the new tank, here's a few pics and a short vid of the 20g, Happy Reefing Everybody!¡
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 71

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well this point in time marks a year in the life of my nano, here are some shots from the start till now, I'd probably go with Extreme Noob in the beginning, to your average reef keeper now, hope you enjoy, I do :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

davesolo29

Super Active Member
Looks great. I remember when you first started. I was one of the guys worried about how fast you were going. Some of your posts had me a little sceptical. Glad to see you've made a nice little tank there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
damn I wish my 20 gal looked like that .. I couldn't keep it stable no matter how hard I tried ! Thumbs up for this ! How did you do it I wanted to try again. With my 20 gallon but I'm to afraid of failure again.

What lighting is on there (your new ones )

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Water changes are your friend in a nano, I do daily top offs,every 3.5 day water changes 10%(reef crystals) new carbon pads and polishing pads every 3.5 days, almost every two days now that the tank is so full, I am using a no name fixture that I custom ported so it gets more air flow, bulbs are ATI's, and to tell you the truth, I also do no dosing other than Kent coralvite..no two part, nothing!!!!