In Wall 20 Gallon Tall Nano Tank

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Well a few pics, first is before I got rid of the flame BTA, Kenya tree rock and giant frag rack, second pic is of the tank as of yesterday, had to move a few rocks, looks a little bare on the bottom left, hopefully Mr.Blasto will fill that spot in, also had to move the rocks back farther in the tank as cleaning the glass was causing them to move forward due to a loose base rock, as you can see much more light to the sand bed now, as I wasn't even able to clean most of the glass as the rock was to close:), also things in the second pic are still a little mad from the moving around...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Amazing how fast a tank can go down hill when not payed attention to, all it took was 3 days for my nano to start killing itself, my skimmer had been overflowing back into the tank for probably 2 days and before I got sick the cup was about half full of some nasty stuff,I checked this morning and had a layer of purple red skum across the entire water surface any longer and I think the tank would of crashed, fish are sluggish, crabs barely moving, barely any coral PE, torch sucked right in,frogspawn shrivelled up, already did a water change, new carbon, phosphate pad, I guess we'll see what happens, gonna do another water change later today:(

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Wow that was fast ... No wonder I couldn't keep a 20 gallon for more the. 7 months :( gl buddy you really can't slack ( sucks you were ill, seen your post about the pallytoxin) hope you're all healed up ! Again good luck with the tank this is my fav thread :) in

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Wow that was fast ... No wonder I couldn't keep a 20 gallon for more the. 7 months :( gl buddy you really can't slack ( sucks you were ill, seen your post about the pallytoxin) hope you're all healed up ! Again good luck with the tank this is my fav thread :) in
Thx Luke, ya been watching the tank all day just about to do another water change, since lights on things have started to come back to life, the torch is starting to come back out, yay:),,frogspawn doesn't seem like it was to affected, only thing that seems like isn't going to make it is my birdsnest, it was completely covered in slimey algae, I think he's a goner Ive already replaced my polishing pads twice cause they got nasty pretty quick, fish are swimming around nice darty now:), gonna do a rock syphin on the next water change as the rocks have accumulated some pretty nasty stuff on them...will keep posted...:)

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
little update since the almost crash in early March cause of my paly toxin run-in,, thought I was good for a bit,, until the red slime that just wouldn't stop showing up started,,but!!,finally got rid of that... Then started the GHA, basically 2 months now and it's almost back to being clean clean, lost a few frags, saved a few, birds nest has gone crazy for some reason, might have to try and add a few sps frags back into that system soon, lots of brown still, once I see more colour coming back and once I get rid of the rest of the GHA, pic is kinda sad:(, I had the tank looking so good not that long ago:(
image.jpg
March
image.jpg
June

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Your rank on. A bad day is mine on a good day ! Keep it up man , looking awesome !
Thx bud, but I wouldn't go that far ;p,, been a long road for the system to recover, that's for sure, I bought a Mexican turbo and three Reg. turbos and they seem to be doing the job, plus I'm not getting 1/5 of the amount of green algaes on the glass as I was, side glass is about a week or two, tonight is water change and maintenance, so hopefully a couple more weeks and I'll be really rockin:)....

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Hey peeps.. I've been waiting a bit to post for this little tank as it's been a long Algae battle, Well since March and The paly toxin Encounter, and the skimmer back flowing into the tank for a day++, and being sick, the tank has looked pretty bad, then came back, then got worse-but not as bad, then better, but now!! it's back to its prime I'd say, anyways everything seems to be thriving lately, the SPS that survived are starting to show signs of life again, colour and growth finally:),(most) need some new bulbs to, maybe even a new fixture , anyone?, 24" 4bulb;) ???, anyways a few shots and a vid of the tank, hope you like, :p Enjoy
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg