Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Wow,

I can't believe it.  Bill is now stealing my names for the Chalice I purchased. 

http://www.incredibleaquarium​.com/index.php?main_page=product_​info&cPath=31_44_270&products_id=​2956&zenid=0stgcd018qdhhfbqkorjkg​es02

THESE ARE NOT THE SAME CHALICE AS MINE SO DON'T BE FOOLED!

Bill you can have the leftover, second tier chalice, but don't think you can steal my names. 

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
jerry_doucette link said:
This is new?

Not really, the IAS Steve Tyree Monti Undata has been on there for a while.. Im sure Steve Tyree gave Incredible aquarium the OK to go ahead with that one too..

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I think this can be settled in a better way.

Dave, Im sure if you called or emailed Bill asking him to make up his own names for his own chalice he would.

P

phi delt reefer

they are just MADE UP names. Doubt anyone sits there with a think tank of creative people to come up with them.

anyone who buys anything just based on a name is an idiot.  (yes my wife falls into this category, ie. COACH :eyeroll:)

Dave - your chalices sell cause they look awesome...not cause you gave them a name. You could call them Butt Face Snot Tickler chalice and guess what... it wouldnt add or detract from the value.

The tyree stuff is just best color variations of certain corals with his name in front of it. He hasnt done SHIT to make them look like that.. mother nature did all the hard work. Point in case - look at all the "replicas" out there - mother nature keeps spitting these bad out!

unless you are willing to trademark the names, you should just let the quality of your product speak for itself. I dont think its worth the heartache to get all bent over the issue. 

My opinion of course...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It's not a genuine BIGSHOW frag unless there's a silhouette of a seven foot tall mountain man stamped on the back lol. Mines got it!!

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Darryl_V link said:
Has anyone seen Dave with his Beard......much more intimidating...hahah

ya im scared just thinking about pissing him off... lol

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Thanks Phi,

I named my pieces so I can put a unique identity to the collector pieces I purchased.  To steal my names and put them on a Chalice that may be similar (but not the exact piece) is WRONG.

I have absolutely no issues with Bill making up his own clever names, but to misrepresent a product by calling it something it isn't....is completely wrong and pisses me off.

If this was the first time Bill had done something like this I would of talked to him privately, but this is not the first time. 

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Darryl_V link said:
I think this can be settled in a better way.

Dave, Im sure if you called or emailed Bill asking him to make up his own names for his own chalice he would.

You mean extend him the same courtesy he extended me? LOL

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just in point, I found the Valentine's Day Massacre Chalice online, this name has been used by another seller already...

http://mrcoral.com/go/index.php/g1026-valentine-day-massacre-chalice.html

[img=1400x1050]http://mrcoral.com/go/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/f/i/file_171_32.jpg[/img]

People will buy a piece because they like it, not because of the name.

AdamS

Corals have names? At our house we identify corals by the colour they were when we purchased them, so

The brown one that used to be pink, or the bleached one that used to be red...

We just use what works.

daleomilla

iT IS JUST A NAME not the coral you know what you sell and  Bill knowes what he sells IF THE NAME IS THE SAME SO BE IT.I dont think eather one of you can say that is only my name.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
daleomilla link said:
iT IS JUST A NAME not the coral you know what you sell and  Bill knowes what he sells IF THE NAME IS THE SAME SO BE IT.I dont think eather one of you can say that is only my name.

you guys are missing it.. Bigshows pieces are 1 off unique pieces.. Incredible aquarium accuirred similar lesser quality pieces and proceeded to uses Bigshows unique names in an attempt to use Bigshows publicity here and on other forums to benefit his own sales..

Thats a dirty tactic.

the kicker is.. if you know bill.. you know this was the exact intention, hence why private requests to please remove those names have been ignored.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
It's a game to the employees that work there.

It isn't the first and won't be the last, but it will all catch up the everyone associated with IA.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
I do agree with bigshow on the principle of thing, bill should not name his simular chalice the same name as Dave have on his corals.

PEWPEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.