Jmonkers 140G Custom Build

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Duke link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=4644.msg59885#msg59885 date=1378300257]
no ones made a volcano look. with a opening in the middle and have the top of rock a few inchs out of the water ..with the plants in that hole amd grow out of the water

someone somewhere always has done it petercar!.

Volcano Tank 032610
[/quote]ya that the one i saw

jmonker

Big Big News, Tank is finally running,

This is what the rock looks like? I Don't no about it, Maybe just need to get use to it,
I added some more rock to the tank, I want to be able to stock tons of sps but don't want the to much rock, I want the clean open look for lots of room for growth and fish room.

Everything In the tank is new.. How long for this tank to cycle properly?????

Is it normal to have micro bubbles in a Fresh Brand New Tank?

Second picture isn't right the balance isn't right at all...

jmonker

Just wanted to post some recent pictures.. Not much more going on but added a few corals to see how the tank would react. Set-up a little bit of a quick auto top off. 20 gal

Also added some new bulbs. So will see what happens.

Just wanted to post some pics

jmonker

Also, I added a WP40 powerhead to my system, I need one more Reefbrite to make it a pair so I can mount them to my fixture and be balanced, that's next project. Thanks guys..

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Looking good justin! One suggestion i would make for the sps is to position the coral frags straight up so that all of the frag sees equal lighting. You can make a nice little nest for them with some putty....

jmonker

Hey guys, Its been a little bit since last update ... tank is doing really great right now...I added a powder blue tang to the tank about a couple weeks ago...He's healthy and clean..

Still need to mount 2 led strip to my fixture! Also pick up another led strip to level out the fixture. I Only have 1.

I picked up a few corals.. And seem to be doing healthy

Just wanted to add some some pics..

Playing with my white balance, still messed up....?

MrHermit85

Wow your setup is awesome!!! I really like the open look, I bet in a couple years it's going to look phenomenal!!! Mind if I ask how much you paid for the tank? I was looking at miracles for my next tank too as their tanks are so clean cut!!!

jmonker

Hey guys... was messing around with the camera today and took some shots of the tank.. Trying to get balance in the pictures. not there there yet.

Tank needs to fill out....