Kevin's 200g Mix Reef

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
He's finally coming back to the dark side

And because leds are where it's at ;) lol

Sony Xperia Z3
Lol
Radions eh? I have a good program for you if you want.
Start slow with led.
Why are you switching up the lighting to led?
I had led in the past and t5 now, I must say t5 have done good for me. However bulb changing are costly and time consuming I think!. You can only change one bulb at a time and if you change all you will need to raise the light and slowly move back down.
With LED, better control, zoa/paly look amazing under it(pop) and sure I accept your program for the led with thank.

deeznutz

Well I can say that I'm having success with Leds for the first time. I had an AI sol blue and custom DIY before and neither of them did well for me.
I have to say the Radions are great, theres a learning curve but I think I've found the sweet spot.

It would be a shame if your corals don't respond well to the lighting change.
I'd pay the money for bulbs, if I knew they would give me good colour.
Dont mess with a good thing, just me 2 cents.

The pop from led is unrivalled though and for that i do agree with your decision.

-deez

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
This was drop this off for me today, big thank to Jerry :D. All I can say is, I am going to be busy being a kid tonight lol

Attachments

• IMG_20151003_141955_edit.jpg
    IMG_20151003_141955_edit.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 65

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Lol that for sure as I don't know how to hang them yet and I don't want to hang it to the ceiling. Maybe just build a stand and let it sit on the tank!
You can use electrical conduit. Rounded at a 90 degrees and attach to the back of stand

Sony Xperia Z3

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
This was drop this off for me today, big thank to Jerry :D. All I can say is, I am going to be busy being a kid tonight lol

You feel like a kid, and so do I :) have fun and be sure to show us what you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Let me understand this thought process, I have an awesome tank with high end corals. Mainly sps corals that demand a high output of light. I currently have a light that that rocks and is doing an amazing job. I then decide to spend several thousand dollars for new high tech led light. Maybe they are the best on the market.

But will the new lights not shock your corals?
Isn't there a possibility of losing some by burning them?
Lastly what can I do for income to be able to get those lights?

Yes, yes I am jealous

deeznutz

Thats exactly what I told him. But it's a risk he has to take to get the Led pop he's after.

Kevin, you should bank your corals with a close member just incase you start losing stuff from the light transfer.

I have a whole vault for you to bank with :) lol

You should get the tank mounts for your lights, don't cheap out!

-deez

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Let me understand this thought process, I have an awesome tank with high end corals. Mainly sps corals that demand a high output of light. I currently have a light that that rocks and is doing an amazing job. I then decide to spend several thousand dollars for new high tech led light. Maybe they are the best on the market.
But will the new lights not shock your corals?
Isn't there a possibility of losing some by burning them?
Lastly what can I do for income to be able to get those lights?

Yes, yes I am jealous
I get bored so made the switch and I am aware of the possibility of coral being bleach and change in color, even may lose some coral. I am going to put it on low and slowly ramp them up!
As for how I come up with the cash for this are mostly thank to all members that contribute. I sold some frags pack, sold my old light, tips I save from work and Bam Bam = Radions Gen3 Pros :D:D

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Thats exactly what I told him. But it's a risk he has to take to get the Led pop he's after.

Kevin, you should bank your corals with a close member just incase you start losing stuff from the light transfer.

I have a whole vault for you to bank with :) lol

You should get the tank mounts for your lights, don't cheap out!

-deez
Tank mounts is a great idea and I can frag most, almost all of my sps for trade and you know what I want;)