Lagoon Reef Build

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
I have been having difficulty taking pictures of the frags I am growing out due to the depth of the new frag tank. Luckily I remembered my trusty 180mm Sigma macro lens, I threw on an adapter and took some shots of the stuff growing out in my frag tank :). The system is working fantastic, I am getting great growth and colour.

RR Orange Passion

RR Wolverine

Rastas

RR Rainbow Dynamite

Jason Fox Pro Corals Rainbow Acro

Rainbow Loom

Jason Fox Crazy Fox

RR Purple Rainbow Chalice

Darth Mauls

OG Hallucinations (have 2 colonies, one in each tank started from one frag a few months ago)

ORA Voodoo

Jason Fox Slow Burn

ORA Red Planet

Ultimate Bonzai

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Almost done the build, just gotta get some awesome frag racks for the frag tank. The system is starting to look really great and maintenance is at an all-time low. I also started auto dosing a few more things, NO3PO4x and copepods and rotifers. I dose 5ml every hour, and my corals are growing like crazy!

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Man them OG's are growing like stink weeds for ya David, my original colony in my DT keeps melting one OG at a time:(. But the ones in my frag tank are doing great like yours, keep a couple tucked away just incase David;)
Pics look awesome as always bud, keep up the kicka$$ work!!!

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Man them OG's are growing like stink weeds for ya David, my original colony in my DT keeps melting one OG at a time:(. But the ones in my frag tank are doing great like yours, keep a couple tucked away just incase David;)
Pics look awesome as always bud, keep up the kicka$$ work!!!

Sorry to hear that :(. From that frag I got from you a couple months back I now have ~30-40 polyps?

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
CRAZY!!!!, I forget how many I gave you, but still that's awesome they are doing great for you:), I'm not touching the ones in my frag tank, not until I know they aren't going to melt on me:0

David Caplan

Website Affiliate
Wonderful news, after a couple consultations, I am the new live foods supplier (copepods and rotifers) for Ripley's Aquarium. I met with all the staff there and they gave me a tour of the facilities, their kitchen, and their live food hatchery. I am going to be supplying then with copepods and rotifers to feed their seahorses, jellies, and rear juveniles in their hatchery. They also plan to use it in their coral propagation system to grow out their corals. Was very interesting to see how meticulous everything is done there.
Pics I took of their seadragons:

Helped R20 with their shipment this week, pictures are here: http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230914

I picked up some goodies :).

Alberych

Dude that blue colony looks amazing!

Also what is that in the background in the second pic, behind the sea dragon? I don't recognize it.

SamB

Super Active Member
Amazing news David ! Congratulations !

Your foods have been the foundation of my tank and your hard work has paid off for with this wonderful opportunity !