"lasers"

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Time to say goodbye to those pesky palys. When all else fails, then it is time to whip out the laser. It is going to be a fun weekend.

6001ed6bd3a67001a0d141cd712cb0fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hark

Works good I have one as well. Be sure to clean the glass and shut off the water movement

I nailed a huge bristle worm last weekend with mine outside the tank until he was smoking

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Works good I have one as well. Be sure to clean the glass and shut off the water movement

I nailed a huge bristle worm last weekend with mine outside the tank until he was smoking

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the tips. It will be a slow process, but hopefully this gives me the edge I need to get ahead of the game

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Time to say goodbye to those pesky palys. When all else fails, then it is time to whip out the laser. It is going to be a fun weekend.

6001ed6bd3a67001a0d141cd712cb0fa.jpg

Did you buy that? What make is it?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
What kind of eye protection would I need to use with this.
The kind where you dont point the laser in your eyes. The do supply safety glasses, however they are more for seeing the beam then protection. This is a high powered laser and no safety glasses will protect your eyes.

WiredWeasel

The kind where you dont point the laser in your eyes. The do supply safety glasses, however they are more for seeing the beam then protection. This is a high powered laser and no safety glasses will protect your eyes.

Hmm don't point laser in eyes. Seems pretty reasonable. Is reflection from the glass any issue you think? I guess Ill use my safety squints lol.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
So tonight I took the opportunity to film while I tested out the Blue Laser Pointer Lazer Beam Pen 5MW 450nm. I bought it for some assistance in ridding my tank of some unwanted palythoa. This copy is unedited/uncut. I had forgotten to turn off my pumps which is something you should do so that the victim isnt moving around as much. You can hear the palythoa sizzling throughout the video especially just after the 0:40 mark. It is somewhat satisfying.

I filmed from my Galaxy S8 with external microphone. I added PolypLab Coral view 15,000K len so that the laser was visible on camera.