"lasers"

4Hummer

STL? Because I'm to lazy to design my own.

It is kinda fun.

On the focusing part, I made this and it helps so much.
82e5743dbcbe4dbe1ab18ffb2a3dda4a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

4Hummer

hark

are you using a lens or anything on the laser. Just purchased one. Seems like I need to hold the laser on the same spot for over 3 minutes before I notice anything even happening
If it takes you 3 min to do that I don’t think your laser is either as powerful as they claimed when you got it or it isn’t a powerful enough laser.
I hit aptassia with mine it roasts them right away, same with the tiny starfish. Zap and they fry

Maybe another thing is I turn off all pumps and circulation to focus the beam. Maybe your beam isn’t focussed enough

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
My bonsai had started to RTN, I couldn't figure out what was going on so I picked it out of the rock and yup, great big aiptasia hidden under it stinging the shit out of it.

So anyone have a link for a laser that burns these effers fast? :)

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
My bonsai had started to RTN, I couldn't figure out what was going on so I picked it out of the rock and yup, great big aiptasia hidden under it stinging the shit out of it.

So anyone have a link for a laser that burns these effers fast? :)
I purchased the one that Torx shared a link to. Seems to work well for me, but shipping took a while. Probably because I ordered a few weeks before xmas and with the postal strike.

S8

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Well if you are traveling you can stop by or I can ship mine to you Monday morning if you want to borrow it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Oooh, that would be cool, but I'll pay the shipping there and back, I can send you emt. (I'm not headed out that way any time soon...too cold) :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Didn't notice this until the one tip on the left bleached, as this was down on the rock below. Good thing it's a fairly common piece if it doesn't recover (it likely will, bonsai is really resiliant which is why I was confused). See the pic below, that thing is HUGE when it puffs out, obviously wants to knock out some competitors. This is the second coral that I've had burned lately, and both by hidden aiptasia. Time to fry em up.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Skim

Well, I ordered one, says it coming from Mississauga free shipping and $64.00 plus tax. Hope it works as I have some Majano's to take care of.