London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014! - Vendor Map Updated!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Location will be the same.  7097 Kilbourne Road, London Ontario N6P 1R2

Entrance fee $5 per person.

Vendor prices will mostly stay the same.

Table layout will likely remain the same, seemed to work.

Charity for 2014 will be Ronald McDonald House.  I got enough feedback from people who are familiar with the organization  to agree that it is a deserving entity :)

I am not forcing anyone to donate any items for the raffles (although I have to admit I'm a little envious of the Toronto loot).  So what I'm getting at, if you know anyone/company that might have items that would be good for the raffles, let me or them know about each other.  It worked fairly well last year.  AGAIN: ALL NET PROCEEDS FROM THE DOOR AND THE RAFFLES GOES 100% TO CHARITY. 

Parking: Free, and there should be even more room than last year.  (No old-timer barn dance in the lower level). Apologies to anyone that was looking forward to partying with the vets (they are a wild bunch!)
table%20names.jpg

table%20names%20lower.jpg

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: London Frag Fest 2014 - Saturday April 12, 2014!

Thmh link said:
Psh!  Team mjc will be there!

-Tony

Heh, excellent!  I just want to make sure I have someone that can cover my tank next time so I get time to go around and meet everyone.  I think I hit only 5 tables, and that's when everyone was breaking down!!  My helper didn't know a candycane from, well actual candycane lol!!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

curiousphil link said:
Already looking forward to it!  We should do nametags next year ;).

I had temporary nametags at my table, but they sucked.  Very likely I will do badges for the vendors, and have GOOD nametag stickers at the door for people.  Dean signed up to work the door, so I'll have him work the badges.  That was a good (late) idea.  :)

C

copperkills

Salty ,  check out the Ronald McDonald House...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca

Planning this out again already!!! Great, tons of time to get the weekend off work  ;D and save up more cash.

If there are enough vendors, maybe stick most the dry goods to the lower level such as RA, BA, ReefTee's as an example with just minimal frag tanks (to help entice people down there) who typically may pass. Pretty sure you said that the lower level was carpeted and although there were minimal spills, there were still a couple ... that were quickly cleaned up.

Love the new ideas. Look forward to seeing this event grow.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
London Frag Fest 2014 - Saturday April 12, 2014!

copperkills link said:

+1,  when my brother was in for back surgery when we were kids Ronald McDonald House was a huge help to my family, from staying there to the food saving is money from traveling back and fourth. good call Copper 

AdamS

I think sunday is a great idea. What about pushing the time up to 11am? Is that better or worse?

C

copperkills

Since we are such a tight community here on the tank it would be nice to perhaps donate to charities that members have needed at some point.  If you poll you may be surprised how many of us have been directly or indirectly involved with charities throughout their lives in relation to friends or family.  Its better than picking random charities IMO :)

reeffreak

Super Active Member
London Frag Fest 2014 - Saturday April 12, 2014!

Not only what copper says but maybe a small portion can go to thefragtank, not it all but maybe a small chunk after all this is the place that brings it all together . This could potentially bring new things to the site.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

copperkills link said:
I used to volunteer there by cleaning there aquarium that they have.  I would still be doing it but life is just too busy now.

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

Just to add to this. I am sure if you worked together with The Ronald McDonald house I bet they would want to get involved and maybe even have a couple of volunteers there as runners to help out.  Call and talk to Margeret Anderson as she is the House Manager. 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

I read that page earlier this year, quite an eye opener. 

Re: Fragtank donation - Rick and I discussed it and it just wasn't necessary at this time.  He knows I would personally help out $$$ if it was needed, just because I want this place to remain politics-free.  I'm still not a member of AP because it's not a fair shake...say something about a store and you get banned...what kind of BS is that??  If a business sucks, there should be a spot to say so, to protect the newbs that will some day put us to shame with their killer frags lol. 

Ronald McDonald house: Distinct possibility.  I mentioned children's cancer causes because Lieutenant Malloy lost a young daughter to cancer and he approached me with the suggestion.  I said I don't normally give to cancer-related charities even from my own pocket, because they usually don't account for the money taken in very well.  My wife was involved with bras for the cause for years because the money goes directly to women that need it, not to corporations making billions off 'research'. I want -people- to directly benefit (hence the food bank), not execs driving $200,000 cars. 

The saturday/sunday thing might go to a poll.  There are PM's arguing both sides, and my only thought would be that it sucked that the country western music chased everyone away from a cold wobbly pop.  Although it was good there was no drinking and driving incidents!!

I do believe reef wholesale expressed direct interest in headlining again, which I would likely do, they were fantastic all around..prizes, presentation, etc.  They were going to do a fragging show but it would have to be sort of a "at 2pm there will be a fragging demonstration and info session".

I'd love to start at 11 and end at 3, the issue is getting them to open the place at 9 instead of 10, but old people don't sleep so it should be do-able.  I even like a 10-2 event, with drawings at 2 to end the day.  Who's idea was the cooler bags?  That was a great idea.  Just have to find a lead-free distributor that will do them up for a decent price with printing :)

MAN, I thought I was done with this for a while....lol.

C

copperkills

Why in April? Lol thats in the middle of winter!!! Brrrrrr

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

copperkills link said:

Can't do May, everyone is out fixing their lawns, and June has the potential for being really hot (felt hot as hell after lugging all the water to/from/to the car), and april usually isn't blizzard-y.  Plus a few vendors said that sales usually drop off when people are allowed outside to do fun things, you gotta get them when they're cooped up inside :)

GirDance

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=copperkills link=topic=5517.msg52683#msg52683 date=1370370298]

Can't do May, everyone is out fixing their lawns, and June has the potential for being really hot (felt hot as hell after lugging all the water to/from/to the car), and april usually isn't blizzard-y.  Plus a few vendors said that sales usually drop off when people are allowed outside to do fun things, you gotta get them when they're cooped up inside :)
[/quote]

Maybe a Sunday would be better in that case...  More cooped up people may mean more people showing up, the extra tables may be helpful :)

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
RE: London Frag Fest 2014 - Saturday April 12, 2014!

See you in April. Put me down for a full table this time please. With a year to go, I think I might almost be ready!
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express