London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014! - Vendor Map Updated!

reeffreak

Super Active Member
Re: London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014!

Salty Cracker link said:
I find it interesting that ole Bill had no interest in this fest (in his hometown) but signed up for one in toronto, where he only has a post office box.  That's all I'll say on the issue.  Please don't send any legal threats, I just find it interesting.  :)

Not the least bit surprised

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

You have no idea how excited I am yet again!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Starting to get sh*t together for next year, as it REALLY snuck up on me last time out.

Page is up... I'm going for the Sunday, so we have basically the whole building, including the bar...which was sorely missed (and filled with weirdness) last time.

Basically, if you want a table, you can just email me and reserve it.  HOWEVER, if someone pays me for a table, it sort of trumps a "hold" spot.  I just want to be able to go in and pay for the weekend ASAP, so paid tables are obviously preferable.

There is an identical setup to last year upstairs, but this year there will be an additional (??) tables downstairs.  I don't know for sure yet since I have to figure out how to keep people from just slipping from outside, and if in April, they will do a BBQ or if it will all have to be inside cooking.  Gotta get those auxiliary peeps back too, the feedback on their cooking was almost 100%. 

Right now 99% of the tables are available as far as I'm concerned.  I'm also not demanding vendors put up prizes.  Parking is still going to be free, and I'm trying to get 150 insulated bags for people coming through the door.  My net proceeds this year are going to Ronald McDonald house.  Last year $1100.00 went to the food bank (a copy of the receipt is available for anyone wondering :) ).  The Legion made almost $1000 off the even too, and jeez, those people went through hell for our freedom, we have no idea how easy we have it!!!!

http://londonfragfest.ca/

That's it for now.  Comments and complaints to my PM  :) 

spyd

Super Active Member

All signed up. Hopefully, my growth continues and I can have enough frags. I will shoot you a logo soon enough. This was one of those spontaneous decisions.  ;D

waldo

Fantastic  job on the last LFF  :)

Not sure of the actuall start time was it 11 till 3 or 10 till 2 or is that still unsurtan?
Can't wait....

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

yes i wont be missing this years event either, cant wait to see all the action.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

waldo link said:
Fantastic  job on the ladst LFF  :)

Not sure of the actuall start time was it 11 till 3 or 10 till 2 or is that still unsurtan?
Can't wait....

It was 12-4 last year, we were setting up until almost 11:59 since they won't let us in the building until 10 :)

Thmh

Website Affiliate

Wootwoot! Team mjc will be there!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

Darryl_V

Super Active Member

I think I was setting up till about 12:04.  Of course I didnt show up till 11:30....hahaha

I cant seem to find the date of the 2014 event.  Your right on top of this Glen.  Must feel good to be responsible for suck a great event for the hobby and raise money for charity, even though I'm sure its a ton of work. 

theyangman

Distinguished Member

Ying Yang Koralz will be there. We specialize in mystery brown and white corals. Our corals are the ultimate challenge, can you bring them back to life? Are you good enough? Prove it by buying our brown mystery corals and let's see!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Darryl_V link said:
I think I was setting up till about 12:04.  Of course I didnt show up till 11:30....hahaha

I cant seem to find the date of the 2014 event.  Your right on top of this Glen.  Must feel good to be responsible for suck a great event for the hobby and raise money for charity, even though I'm sure its a ton of work. 

Yeah you were last in, last out, madjelly beat me there that day :) 
Date is April 13th, going to try to get more heads in the door by doing it a little more "in season". 

I'm sure you meant "such" a great event?  lol 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Okay, I have to start contacting everyone from this year, but here is the table map so far.  I haven't sent out the invoices, and I'm sure people will start screaming soon enough about not getting sweet spots at the event.

I do believe I will have a good bit of room downstairs as well, there won't be an over-80-only dance happening that day so we get the whole building.  I won't know how that setup will be until I go in to reserve the hall (which I do hope to do fairly soon).

Jewel

You guys are terrific, I missed out last time and I didn't make the Toronto show. Both times my tanks weren't ready for Corals. But I will be there in April. Really nice to see your enthusiasm. Having two floors is awesome. Growing every year is a good thing. I Love the charity as well. Great choice. I know its 6 months away but i'm very excited.  Can't wait 

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Jewel link said:
You guys are terrific, I missed out last time and I didn't make the Toronto show. Both times my tanks weren't ready for Corals. But I will be there in April. Really nice to see your enthusiasm. Having two floors is awesome. Growing every year is a good thing. I Love the charity as well. Great choice. I know its 6 months away but i'm very excited.  Can't wait 

I'm feeling the anticipation too, 6 months seems to fly by... which is a good or bad thing :)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Tables filling up, kind of figured as much.  I may be going in shortly to reserve the hall, I'll have a much better idea of the additional tables we can put in the lower level (bar).

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Okay I have sent out all the invites from people that had tables last year.  I have $200 now PAID, less the damn paypal fee, so as soon as I hit $500 I'll head in and put the money on the hall, hopefully this week or early next. 

Now I wait for all the people that don't reserve a table early, and get mad at 0 hour.  I think 9 tables are already spoken for, they go quick.  :)