London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014! - Vendor Map Updated!

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Re: London Frag Fest 2014 - Saturday April 12, 2014!

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=copperkills link=topic=5517.msg52683#msg52683 date=1370370298]
Why in April? Lol thats in the middle of winter!!! Brrrrrr

Can't do May, everyone is out fixing their lawns, and June has the potential for being really hot (felt hot as hell after lugging all the water to/from/to the car), and april usually isn't blizzard-y.  Plus a few vendors said that sales usually drop off when people are allowed outside to do fun things, you gotta get them when they're cooped up inside :)
[/quote]true april on a sunday will work best ...most ppl have 6 day jobs ..and sitting in the house mopping im bored 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
London Frag Fest 2014 - Saturday April 12, 2014!

I would take a full, would do some dry goods and a tank.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

Speaking on behalf of most of vendors I would assume. The warmer weather made transporting the frags to and back home easier IMO.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member

unibob link said:
Speaking on behalf of most of vendors I would assume. The warmer weather made transporting the frags to and back home easier IMO.

+1... A die hard reefer is gonna show regardless of the date

yveterinarian

Super Active Member

My vote goes for a Sunday.  Two floors of fun - sounds great!  Whatever the decision is I am looking forward to seeing everyone again next year and I think name tags would be great.  Salty, my hat goes off to you beginning to organize this so soon after this year's event.  Thank you.

dale

i will b there tomorrow ,, next tuesday , winter, summer ,whenever the date is set ,,, along with  im guessin ... most who showed up this time and more... , my vote would be for 2 floors and maybe another hour///.. bring it on!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014!

Okay, I'm doing up a new floor map now.  Likely there is room for at least 8 more tables downstairs, maybe 10 I'll have to cruise by again and look at the layout of course.  There is also the tables for wating, and the bar itself.  Would likely even encourage people to linger and maybe buy more if they can have a beer and a burger.  I know I could have used a beer/burger break around 2 :)

So I want to book the hall again so that we have it.  I will likely start taking cash reservations shortly, for specific tables.  I think everyone understands the layout we had, so you'll be able to pick a specific table by number, until they are all taken of course.  No reservations without cash unfortunately, that's the way the world works.

I found a place to do the cooler bags hopefully.

Table maps will be available at some point soon. 

GirDance

Salty Cracker link said:
Okay, I'm doing up a new floor map now.  Likely there is room for at least 8 more tables downstairs, maybe 10 I'll have to cruise by again and look at the layout of course.  There is also the tables for wating, and the bar itself.  Would likely even encourage people to linger and maybe buy more if they can have a beer and a burger.  I know I could have used a beer/burger break around 2 :)

So I want to book the hall again so that we have it.  I will likely start taking cash reservations shortly, for specific tables.  I think everyone understands the layout we had, so you'll be able to pick a specific table by number, until they are all taken of course.  No reservations without cash unfortunately, that's the way the world works.

I've used this company to make up promotional items for my work... Cooler bags don't have too bad a price:

http://www.perfectpen.ca/site/products/VDS-61125-4004

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

GirDance link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5517.msg53116#msg53116 date=1370620412]

I've used this company to make up promotional items for my work... Cooler bags don't have too bad a price:

http://www.perfectpen.ca/site/products/VDS-61125-4004
[/quote]

Okay I'll take a look.  I found this, but not sure if I can get them shipped here for a good price or not, still big $$$ if I wanted to get say 500. 
http://www.bagrepublic.com/wholesale/coolers/Eco%20Insulated%20Can%20Cooler.htm

GirDance

Salty Cracker link said:
Okay I'll take a look.  I found this, but not sure if I can get them shipped here for a good price or not, still big $$$ if I wanted to get say 500. 

Pricing seems about the same.  Shipping for my last order was $27.00.  They are currently offering a 20% discount off any order over $250.00.

There is a 15 dollar account set up fee added onto first time orders...  You could probably use my account with your own shipping and billing info if you wanted to save that.  Once you place your first order they send you all sorts of promo items every month and a bit or so after to try to get you to place another order  **  Correction, it's an item set up fee and different for every order.  Cooler bags apparently are $39.00 **

Maybe you could offer the option to preorder the door tickets to help offset the cost of having the bags made up?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

GirDance link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=5517.msg53130#msg53130 date=1370626295]

Pricing seems about the same.  Shipping for my last order was $27.00.  They are currently offering a 20% discount off any order over $250.00.

There is a 15 dollar account set up fee added onto first time orders...  You could probably use my account with your own shipping and billing info if you wanted to save that.  Once you place your first order they send you all sorts of promo items every month and a bit or so after to try to get you to place another order  **  Correction, it's an item set up fee and different for every order.  Cooler bags apparently are $39.00 **

Maybe you could offer the option to preorder the door tickets to help offset the cost of having the bags made up?
[/quote]

The link I have comes out to $995 for 500 bags (plus whatever setup and shipping) and your link comes out to $1645 (plus setup).  Am I missing a discount?  Also, it doesn't specify if the ones on your site are insulated or not (so I assume they are not)... ?

I want to find them at $1.00 each if I can.  :)

GirDance

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
RE: London Frag Fest 2014 - Sunday April 13, 2014!

Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Petercar link=topic=5517.msg53137#msg53137 date=1370628873]
Ohhh ..a travel frag tank....http://reefbuilders.com/2013/05/27/synergy-reef-systems-travel/

I'm pretty sure they just put an acrylic box into an incredibly expensive travel case :)
[/quote]
bah, doesn't even have a drain! Or an overflow section. I bet even without the case, mine is still better value.
Sent from my {HTC X8} using Board Express

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin

Not to steal the thunder from the other 'fests...

I intend to start taking reservations for tables for nest year.  To actually HOLD a table, I would need the table fee (likely the same as this year).  I hope to get enough to reserve the hall ($500), and if I could get enough to pre-order the door gifts, that would be schweet too.  I will likely make an announcement shortly and send out some emails.  Basically if someone really wants a sweet spot on the list below, they will have to pay up lol.

I find it interesting that ole Bill had no interest in this fest (in his hometown) but signed up for one in toronto, where he only has a post office box.  That's all I'll say on the issue.  Please don't send any legal threats, I just find it interesting.  :)