Maxspect Riptide Gyre

reefgeek

Ive been trying to find more info but it seems very sparse at best. It would be nice if they were modular and controllable.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

theyangman

Distinguished Member
There is nothing really out yet. It seems they are kinda tight lipped about em right now, but they should be available this summer.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Wow, that looks pretty awesome - great looking flow pattern with a small footprint.  In the video though, would be interesting to see some rockwork in there, as opposed to nothing but empty space, to see the impact on the flow.

reefgeek

Just read a posting by a supposed maxspect rep on another site that mentioned 'If you could afford a jebao then you could afford a Riptide, wink wink'
This is extremely promising. If one could get this for around $250 then I think we will truly have a game changer...

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Personally I think the design puts too much load on the motor, bearings and shaft. I can't see it lasting and it would probably be a pain to clean. Will have to see the user reviews.

reefgeek

I like it and will definitely be trying one on my 300 gallon reef... if the price is right of course.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk