Maxspect Riptide Gyre

curiousphil

Super Active Member
NICE!!!! I want to get two of these for my tank once I have money again (aka after the basement reno). I'm thinking that one vertically on the back wall of each corner, set to alternate, would be really really awesome. So one would push across the back long side at full power while one pushes against the side wall towards the front in weak reverse mode, then they switch every 30-60 mins or so.

Thats my thought at least. Let us know how you like it!

reefgeek

That is exactly who I bought it from, there are at least two Ontario online vendors that are carrying it as of yesterday as well, problem is they didn't carry the apex I/O box that I was also looking to purchase. Price on the Canadian sites was ~$320.00

curiousphil

Super Active Member
Comparatively speaking I spent north of $1000.00 for my Tunze setup on a 110gal. From my perspective these are cheap. :)
Yes these really are still very reasonable when compared to the traditional alternatives - Tunze and Ecotech. I always said I would like 2 MP40's in my tank.... but that would cost 800 bucks. From videos I have seen, one of these gyre pumps runs circles around of 2 MP40's!!! I enjoy my WP pumps for what they are - cheap adequate flow. But they do not produce a wide flow at all.

reefgeek

I love jebao, but if 1 of these work, for the price, I would do it.

To be quite honest I suspect I will need two of these for my 300 gal as it is 3 feet wide from front to back and i am looking to have full movement. I am hopeful however that 1 will suffice, at least to get me started.

chief hill

Comparatively speaking I spent north of $1000.00 for my Tunze setup on a 110gal. From my perspective these are cheap. :)
I get that yes but I'm comparing it to my 100 purchase on my tank. For many this will be an essential purchase. For now I'll keep what I have because it works. In the future however you never know maybe I'll jump on one of these units.

Blake

Aquariums by Design does have them, saw them yesterday...the real question is just buy another vortech mp40 or risk the newest boy band on the block haha

jroovers

Super Active Member
Do you have this up and running yet? Will be very curious to hear your thoughts on the flow and the noise level of the unit. The relatively small footprint compared to powerheads is very appealing.

reefgeek

Do you have this up and running yet? Will be very curious to hear your thoughts on the flow and the noise level of the unit. The relatively small footprint compared to powerheads is very appealing.

Should be at my door today or tomorrow, just filling the tank so test will be on an empty aquarium.